Valacyclovir

Related Terms: Herpes, Acyclovir, Herpes 1, Herpes Simplex Virus, Genital Herpes, Herpes 2, Herpes Igg

I have painful rashes on thigh that spreads? Is it shingles?
Query: Hi doctor, I have got very painful rashes on my left thigh which seems to be going up to my spinal cord. Is it shingles? I do not know but I want a good diagnosis soon. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Rashmi Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, this does look like shingles. Please visit a dermatologist on an urgent basis and start on antiviral like Acyclovir or Valacyclovir as soon as possible. Other possible causes for sudden occurrence of such lesions can be irritant contact dermatitis that you ca...  Read Full »

I got some rashes on my hands after carrying iron rods. What could it be due to?
Query: Dear doctor, I am a 66 year old male. No diabetes, no hypertension with normal lipid limits. I am working in a remote area where no medical facility is available. Since last week, I have a rash on my right hand with a rose circle that has several watery eruptions. It is only in the hand. The ones I...  Read Full »
Dr. (prof.) Kumaresan Muthuvel

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are having herpes zoster. This is a viral infection. I suggest taking the following tablet. Valtoval (Valacyclovir) 1 g thrice a day for five days. Consult your specialist doctor, discu...  Read Full »

Please help with the wart-like growth on my foreskin.
Query: Hi doctor, I had wart-like growth on my foreskin. I consulted a doctor, who asked me to get a circumcision done. So I got the circumcision done. The biopsy result showed that they were viral warts (condyloma acuminatum), and the doctor gave me tablet Valtoval for a month. After going through the int...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. You are right in saying that genital warts are caused by HPV (human papillomavirus), and even the biopsy of the excised skin confirmed the same. Although there are some reports that Valtoval (Valacyclovir) has some eff...  Read Full »

Why do my lips get tender and swollen every two months?
Query: Hi doctor,I would like to give an insight into my problem, with started ending of last year. I noticed that I have some dry skin on my lower lip and a very small scab just underneath it. I ignored the same and thought it is due to winter. Five months back, I had a tender lower lip, which eventually ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your clinical image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is more for folliculitis over the chin area with cheilitis over the lips. From your image, the lesions do not appear herpetic at present. The investigations also support the same. Also, the repeated use...  Read Full »

How to prevent the spread of HSV-1 virus to new outbreak sites?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 46-year-old male. I have recurring HSV-1 around the base (and inside) the nose. I have an outbreak now and my last outbreak was about 52 days ago. In childhood, I began with blisters on the lips; in the past five to 10 years, it seems it has migrated to the nose. Also, in the pa...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. I can understand the pain and frustration that a person goes through while getting a recurring infection and is on treatment for prolonged periods. Our options for herpes is limited. The guidelines say that for recurrent HSV (herpes simplex vi...  Read Full »

I have a lump below Adam's apple. What it could be?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33-year-old male. I am a non-smoker and non-drinker. I have a lump below Adam's apple. I have swollen lymph nodes with pain in the throat. The pain radiates up to the ears. There is a change in voice, hoarseness, and have difficulty in swallowing both solid and liquid foods. I hav...  Read Full »
Dr. Pradeep Patidar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your CT (computed tomography) scan is clear. Below Adam's apple, there is a thyroid gland, and a nodule in the thyroid is quite common. But the rest of the features suggests infectious ...  Read Full »

HSV 1 and 2 are positive. But, my doctor says no treatment is required. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am contacting you regarding some health issues. Recently, I got affected by some infection in the private parts which looks like an ulcer with fluid. However, I neglected it and did not consult a doctor assuming it would be a simple urine infection. I then visited a gynecologist and she...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern. You have genital herpes. It is an sexually transmitted disease and is caused by herpes simplex virus (HSV). There are two types of HSV - type 1 and 2. Your test is positive for both HSV type 1 and type 2. IgM positivity and IgG negative means...  Read Full »

I have rashes below waistline including penis. Do I need urgent care?
Query: Hi doctor, I have rashes basically everywhere below the waistline. It started two days ago and have somewhat spread from the initial location (bug bite on the upper right thigh). There is some bruising around the initial location. I have been using Lotrimin and Cortizone cream but there is no effec...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The condition looks like poison ivy. There are few blisters evolving, it may go on for one to two weeks without treatment. Poison ivy usually requires oral Prednisone to keep it under control....  Read Full »

What could be the cause of blisters with surrounding redness in the skin?
Query: Hello doctor, I am inquiring about a small group of rashes that appeared about a week ago and have not changed much. They are small clusters of raised bumps that are slightly itchy. It aches with movement and aggravated when touched. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are few papulovesicles (few are solid bumps, few blisters as per the picture) arranged in groups, with erythema (redness) at the base involving the right side of the chest. Features are consisten...  Read Full »

Should I take bath if I am down with chicken pox?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. I am down with chicken pox from yesterday, I wanted to know if I can have a normal bath. And also, I have a rash that is probably something fungal near my genitals and I have noticed that the pox is very crowded in that patch. Any advice? Please reply soon.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can take bath with lukewarm water, avoid hot water. Do not use harsh soap or scrub. You can use dove soap. Since it is winter, normal soap will make your skin drier and will irritate the chickenpox blisters. But the best thing will be to have luke warm spon...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Valacyclovir? We have medical experts to help you right away.