Vdrl Test

About "Vdrl Test"

Venereal disease research laboratory (VDRL) is a blood test for syphilis developed by a laboratory of the same name. The test detects the presence of antibodies in the blood and so, is used as a screening test.

Related Terms: Hiv Testing, Elisa Test, Hiv, Hbsag, Unprotected Sex, Hepatitis C, Std

Recently Answered Questions

Is tinnitus a side effect of AZO?
Query: Hello doctor, I began exhibiting symptoms that I would describe as tinnitus from a week. I get a loud noise or ringing in my left ear, although it also happens in the right ear. One fine day the tinnitus actually went to the other ear (my right ear), my tinnitus since then has not been focused in a...  Read Full »
Dr. Shyam Kalyan N
ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. While you have elaborated on your symptoms very meticulously, I still require some more details. Is there any hearing loss? Do you have any fullness of the ear? The tingling feeling, is it permanent? Do you have any giddiness? Any change of ear fullness or tin...  Read Full »
I have warts on my penis. Is it an STD?
Query: Hello doctor,I had unprotected intercourse with one of my relatives 14 years ago. I had gone through two to three sets of tests back then including HIV, and all were negative. But I still have some neurological problems which started one month after I had the intercourse. The doctor did not find any...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can see a single, skin colored, raised and round bump on the glans. Perhaps it is a genital wart, however, I request you to kindly upload a few more good quali...  Read Full »
What are the other tests done to confirm HIV?
Query: Hi doctor, The doctor told me to test for a retrovirus. Unfortunately, it came positive. He said you might have HIV. Then I went to a government hospital where they took my blood sample, and they gave me the results within two hours. They told me I have HIV 1. Soon, after that, they started my tre...  Read Full »
Dr. Kiran Anaparthi
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As far as the HIV test is concerned, it is positive (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and if you have a doubt, then you can get tested for RNA PCR. You have the infection, because, without HIV, CD4 will not come down and also, you have checked for HIV, a...  Read Full »
Should I go for treponemal test three years after sexual contact?
Query: Hi doctor, I have an STD question and hope to have an STD specialist doctor to assist me. I had a sexual contact three years ago and only last month I went for (VDRL nontreponemal test) and is negative. I have read online that after several years or after sometime usually, the result can be negativ...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, sometimes many years after an infection with Treponema pallidum, VDRL may turn negative. TPHA (Treponema pallidum hemagglutination) or FTA ABS (fluorescent treponemal antibody absorption test) would be confirmatory in that case. You may take this test. Syphilis...  Read Full »
Are the tests which I have undergone sufficient to conclude my HIV status?
Query: Hi doctor, I had protected sex with a CSW before 5 months. I do not know the condom status either broken or ruptured one. I was drunk that day but I did not even ejaculate. Since I had a doubt, I took a test on 4th week, HIV 1 and 2 antibody rapid tests from laboratory which was non-reactive. On 6th...  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. You have gone for antibody testing for HIV 1 and 2 many times and it has come negative. When two tests for antibody detection based on different principles are negative, it means individual is not having HIV infection. You have also...  Read Full »
Got a boil in pubic region after unprotected sex. Is it STD?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male. My height is 165 cm and weight is 78 kg. I had a whitehead boil kind of thing in the pubic region for around three to four months. But, there was no pain on touching or pressing. Now very recently, I got four more similar things at the end of penis near the junct...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern.  Read Full »
When does one get small red blisters on genitalia?
Query: Hi doctor, I have very small red blisters on the glans and corona with lot of itching. For that I have used Acivir ointment. There is temporary relief but it reoccurs. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Small red blisters on the genitalia usually occur in herpes virus infection. But they are associated with pain and burning. You are complaining of itching which is unlikely for herpes infection. I would recommend you to upload the photographs of the blisters, so that I c...  Read Full »
Why am I having pain in the tip of my penis?
Query: Hi doctor, I went for a trip. There I had naked body to body massage along with blow job using condom and even touched the private parts. But, we did not involve in intercourse. Later, I kissed and had intercourse using condom, but with a different girl. Yesterday, my doctor forcefully pushed my pe...  Read Full »
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. The doctor pulled the skin back forcefully which means you has phimosis. Phimosis is a normal condition, where an individual failed to pull his penis foreskin back. If the skin was pulled back during childhood itself, it could have r...  Read Full »
I get a sore throat and diarrhea after sex with my wife. Do I have HIV?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 51 year old male. Whenever I have sexual intercourse with my wife, I get a sore throat and flu-like condition. Whenever I have anything cold, my throat gets infected. I also have diarrhea. My wife is also suffering from the same problem, and my son has diarrhea sometimes. All t...  Read Full »
Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It does not appear to be HIV (human immunodeficiency virus). The symptoms of HIV will be entirely different, and also you got tested negative. But if you still have doubt, then you can retest. Getting sore throat after sex is probably a coincidence, and sore t...  Read Full »
What is the spot inside my vagina?
Query: Hello doctor,I have a spot on inside vagina. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Meenakshi Agarwal
Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a fungal infection (attachment removed to protect patient identity). But get blood examination like VDRL, HIV, etc. Take tablet Fluconazole 150 mg twice a week, tablet Ciprobid (Ciprofloxacin) 500 mg twice a day for five days, tablet Levocetirizine one tablet tw...  Read Full »


Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Do you have a question on Vdrl Test? We have medical experts to help you right away.

Ask a Doctor Online Now!