Viral Infection

Related Terms: Fever, Paracetamol, Hiv, Hiv Testing, Viral Fever, Complete Blood Count, Upper Respiratory Tract Infection

Can the cause of dilated cardiomyopathy in adult be viral infection?
Query: Hi doctor, For the past 10 months, my wife (age 32 years) started developing symptoms of bronchitis (complaints of SOB and fatigue). Her feet and ankles started to swell and used to take Lasix (to treat edema) on SOS basis for the past seven months, which gave her temporary relief. Next month she u...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your wife has multiple issues including dilated cardiomyopathy and PCOS (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are multiple causes of dilated cardiomyopathy including viral infections, pregnancy, familial and idiopathic, tachycardia, PVCs, amyloidosis i...  Read Full »

I have swelling and discomfort in testicle and sperm canal. Is this viral infection?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 60-year-old male. I have swelling and discomfort in the testicle and sperm canal. I have wandering aches and pain around the groin area including buttocks and inner thigh. I am having these symptoms for the past four to five months. I am not taking medications. I have tried Neuron...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand all your concerns. I have checked the provided information thoroughly. I need to know more details. Do you have any redness, swelling or ulcers in the genital or groin area? Have you performed urinalysis? Please send me some photos if possible.  Read Full »

Would viral infection affect the lymphocyte and neutrophil values?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a viral infection last week. Is it normal to have increased lymphocyte levels of 52 % and decreased neutrophil levels of 35 % after having a viral infection? It got healed within a week. I was fine when I did my blood test. My RBC and WBC are considered to be normal. As I have anemi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After having a viral infection, lymphocytosis can persist for seven to ten days. Your low neutrophils are relative, and it is because of increased lymphocytes. Platelet can be high because of inflammation or by iron deficiency anemia as a reactive thrombocytosis. Urinar...  Read Full »

Can a viral infection increase the ESR level?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old male. My recent blood report shows high ESR level (48 mm/hr). I am having a cough, fever, and a headache since eight days. The doctor told me that I have a viral infection, and has given me antibiotics and a cough syrup. Please guide.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the history, you have an upper respiratory tract infection. You need to do the following investigations. Physical examination. Auscultation. CBC (complete blood count). Throat swab for culture or ASO (antistreptolysin O) titer. If auscultation is suspicious, ...  Read Full »

What homeopathic medicine can be used for frequent throat and viral infection?
Query: Hello doctor, I have 5 years 5 months old son who weighs 21 kg. He has frequent bouts of throat and viral infection accompanied by a runny nose. I give him two to three tablets of Bakson's flu aid and sometimes 10 to 15 drops of R6 of homeopathic medicine. Is it the right dose of treatment? What is...  Read Full »
Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Normal weight at 5 years 5 months should be 15 kg, but your baby has more than normal weight. You are using some combinations of medicines, which are not a true homeopathic treatment. Whether your baby is sensitive to cold? Sweating is normal or not? Which part of t...  Read Full »

High fever and swollen lymph node. Is it a bacterial or viral infection?
Query: Hello doctor, My son has been sick with a high fever (between 101.7 to 103) and swollen lymph node on one side of his jaw right beneath his left ear, complained of pain in the neck, and pain inside his mouth. I took him to his pediatrician the following day and was prescribed Clindamycin 150 mg thr...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Here are the points I would like to bring across: The lymph node is quite inflamed as per the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that you sent. It may be inflamed in the event of any infection be it viral or bacterial. Your reports are showing...  Read Full »

Can I take Zylopred drops in stead of Vigadexa for the viral infection in my eye?
Query: Hello doctor, My eye had a viral infection but the doctor gave me Vigadexa, Flur, and Ara drops and infection has been under control after 10 days of medications. Now, there is no discharge, no pain, no red eye but suddenly my vision from the infected eye get severely blurred. As per the doctor, th...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know who made the diagnosis of a viral infection? Vigadexa (Moxifloxacin and Dexamethasone) and Zylopred (Gatifloxacin Topical and Loteprednol) both contain steroids and are not recommended for viral infections. I really do not f...  Read Full »

Could you advise on my tiredness, weakness and faint feeling following viral infection?
Query: Hi doctor, Three weeks ago, I was admitted to hospital with a viral infection and stayed in the hospital for two nights. During viral infection, I woke up early in the morning shaking uncontrollably and my heart rate was 152, so the ambulance took me to the hospital. I was told that I have a viral...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Two points are very important here. They are abnormal heart rhythm and tiredness. Which type of abnormal heart rhythm are they trying to treat with Propranolol? It seems like you have supraventricular tachycardia and the type depends upon the EKG and EP study. Did...  Read Full »

Ferritin level has decreased in spite of taking iron supplements. Should I worry?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old female. Yesterday, doctors have checked my blood. I am visiting a hospital frequently as I have iron deficiency anemia. The thing I am scared about is, my doctor asked me why my ferritin has not increased (just the opposite, it has decreased from 5.79 to 5.77) after...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In viral infection, lymphocytosis means increased lymphocytes and neutrophil is relatively low because of increased lymphocytes. Platelet can be high in iron deficiency anemia. It is not a matter of worry just now. You can provide your reports to guide you further....  Read Full »

Does my daughter's thyroid level warrant a follow up?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 17 years now. We took her to ER for joint pain. Her joint pain started in the lower back three days ago and within a day, it was in all of her joints. But, there is no rash and fever. Two doctors saw her in the ER said that she needs further testing apart from laboratory te...  Read Full »
Dr. Swaraj S W
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The viral infection she might have caught from her school and there is no need to worry. Usually, that is self-limiting. We adapt the policy of wait and watch unless there are no complications and I think there are none. With respect to thyroid, I suggest you do not panic...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Viral Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away.