Vision Difference

Related Terms: Lasik, Contact Lens, Refractive Error, Eye Examination, Spectacles, Glaucoma, Headache

Can one be color blind if one has 20/20 vision?
Query: Hello doctor,Can one be color blind if one has 20/20 vision?  Read Full »
Dr. Thilanka Kashyapa Perera
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, for your knowledge color blindness and color deficiency are two different things. You gain color vision due to cone cells in your retina. True color blinds see only black and white. They have no cones or have only blue cones. This is rare and they do not hav...  Read Full »

Despite being shortsighted, I can see better without glasses. How?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 68 years old. I am moderately shortsighted, but still I can see better without my progressive glasses. How is it possible? I have been told that I would not need glasses in the days of less reading. I can go for hours in the morning before I realize that I do not have my glasses on. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is due to age-related cataract formation. Cataract is a normal age-related change in lens leading to opacities and hardness. Cataract of certain types causes changes in glass power; it can decrease in some people and increase in others depending on the type. It is adva...  Read Full »

Is there any treatment for corneal scar?
Query: Hi doctor,One month ago, some iron particle fell into my left eye. When I went to the hospital, they said that there is a scar on the front of the pupil. Also, I was informed that there is no treatment for that. Please tell me some solution.  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have a residual scar on your cornea post removal of iron particle. Usually, iron particles leave behind a very small scar, which do not affect vision significantly. The scar by itself is non-progressive. If there is no loss of vision or glare, it is better to ...  Read Full »

My doctor was unable to explain the cause of my concern. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. I was diagnosed as type 1 diabetic at age 25. I am used to smoke, but I quit when I was diagnosed. Recently, after a stressful situation I fell off the wagon for the first time since I was diagnosed and bought a pack of cigarettes. I did not smoke the whole pack, just a...  Read Full »
Dr. Ronald Tongbai
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most likely, it is not something to be alarmed about. Small, unexplained visual change is actually a common occurrence that I see in a lot of my patients. Most cases are usually due to benign causes that very rarely lead to any further complications. It can be tough to pi...  Read Full »

Why do I have higher visual acuity in my right eye than the left?
Query: Hi doctor, I had LASIK at the age of 26 and had 20/15 vision after the procedure. I had -4.5 R and 5.25 L before the surgery. I am now 31 and have developed some slight myopia (R - 0.25 and L - 0.50) and astigmatism. One thing I have always noticed was that both before LASIK and now, my left eye alw...  Read Full »
Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  It is common to have different power in both eyes. Also, different vision in both eyes. This is because of difference in optical properties of both eyes. In your case, the power of both the eyes is different. Higher in the right eye and this itself may be led to the di...  Read Full »

One of my baby's eyeballs appears to be deeper. Will it get corrected on its own?
Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is one and a half months old. One of her eyeballs appears to be more inside than the other. What should we do? Should we consult a specialist or will it get alright as the baby grows?  Read Full »
Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern. Please provide me with more information so that I can guide you better. Does your baby have any vision problems? Did she reach all her milestones according to her age? How about her social smile, looking at her mother, an...  Read Full »

My eye power is -9 on left and -3 on right. Objects double and get dizzy. How to improve?
Query: Dear Doctor, My eye power is -9 on left and -3 on right. I feel very uncomfortable wearing eyeglasses.  When I see, objects double and get dizzy. How to improve? Age - 17 years/ female.  Read Full »
Dr. N. Sathian
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since the power difference in RE and LE is -6 ds, it is inducing double vision because of the difference in image size produced by the spectacles. Since you are only 17 years old, we need to wait until 18-20 years of your age for your eye power to stabilize, and to think...  Read Full »

My right eye is smaller than my left eye.How to correct it?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old male. My right eye is smaller than my left eye. For this cause I am not able to see clearly with my right eye. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. I have seen your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is not a small eye.  This looks like a condition called convergent squint (inward deviation of the eye). This is making your eye appear small.  There are many ty...  Read Full »

Will my residual refractive error reduce after three months of LASIK and CXL?
Query: Hi doctor, I recently got LASIK and CXL in one eye, and Epi-LASIK for the other eye. The Epil-LASIK was done a month back. My vision is 6/18 with -2.5 in Epi-LASIK treated eye and 0.5 in LASIK treated eye. The enhancement was not possible as my cornea thickness was low. Can I use spectacles? Some...  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can use glasses for residual refractive errors. Diplopia is common above 2 diopter difference. However, it may not be the case in every patient. Some people can tolerate larger differences as well. Also, using contact lenses is an option. You can use it in one eye or ...  Read Full »

I have vision problems after laser IOL implant. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor,After laser IOL implant I now have severe aniseikonia. Was it wrong diopter lense? Can it be undone? Very poor and triple vision. What to do?  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I shall try to answer all your queries in detail. Aniseikonia occurs when the difference in refractive error is more than 4 or 5 diopters between two eyes. If you say you had laser-assisted cataract surgery which means a femto surgery, the size of incision would be...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Vision Difference? We have medical experts to help you right away.