Vision Loss

Related Terms: Headache, Glaucoma, Vision Problem, Amitriptyline., Blurred Vision, Mri Of Brain, Intraocular Pressure, Cataract

Diagnosed with Glaucoma: What Next?
Article Overview: Glaucoma is an eye condition that is caused by fluid-build up and increased pressure in the eye, leading to progressive vision loss.  Read Article »
Dr. Shikha
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Glaucoma is a chronic, progressive disease. It poses a diagnostic dilemma for ophthalmologists and the patients get frustrated because it is often diagnosed at the advanced stage and they are unaware that they even have a disease. As there are no symptoms initially, they are unsure if they should co ...  Read Article »

My father has been detected with glaucoma. Do we need to take urgent action?
Query: Hello doctor, My father has been detected with glaucoma. The problem started about two months back. There is some irritation in eyes and vision is hampered in one eye. I wanted to get an opinion on how serious. What should be done? Do we need to take urgent action? Can we cure it completely?  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The thing with glaucoma is that it is a progressive condition and we can arrest its progress to a level that it does not cause further damage. The vision loss that has already been done by the disease is not reversible. Our goal here is to lower the pressure to such a l...  Read Full »

My sister lost her vision due to TB. Is it possible to get the vision back?
Query: Hi doctor,My sister is 33 years old. She has been suffering from vision loss for five years. At the time of treatment, it was diagnosed as TB. Since from then, she has been taking all the medicines for the disease till it cures completely. Now, she has undergone the MRI of the brain. I am attaching ...  Read Full »
Dr. Chandan Mohanty
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear this. Based on the MRI reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that there has been damage to the optic nerves, which is responsible for eyesight, due to tuberculosis. Unfortunately, her vision loss is longstanding and in general th...  Read Full »

What are the transparent gray colored thread-shaped things floating on my eye?
Query: Hi doctor, One day when I was walking in the snow, I noticed transparent gray color thread-shaped things floating on my eye. Especially when I concentrate on them and when it is bright. I have no other symptoms like blurry vision, eye pain or vision loss. They are very annoying and seem to drift whe...  Read Full »
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Our eye is divided into an anterior and a posterior segment. The posterior segment contains a gel called vitreous, which is made of collagen fibers. In some people, these collagen fibers get meshed, and they start floating in the vitreous gel. When light enters the ...  Read Full »

What type of medicines can cure tension-like headaches?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old female in good health. I used to get frequent tension-like headaches and migraines with aura when I was a teenager that went away over time. I recently started getting them again. The aura lasts 20 to 30 minutes with blurry vision, patchy spots in my vision, loss of...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To help you better, I need a few more details. How long does your migraine headache persist? Does it happen multiple times in a day? Is there any photophobia or phonophobia? Any vomitings associated? How is your sleep? What gives you relief f...  Read Full »

Why am I noticing peripheral flashes with eye floaters?
Query: Hello doctor, For the past three weeks, I have had my normal right eye floaters seem strange. I noticed peripheral flashes when blinking and walking and quick black narrow lines. I saw an ophthalmologist. He found the retina to be fine. I now have some flashes around peripheral in the right eye and...  Read Full »
Dr. Manish Mahabir
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The hollow of the eye is filled with vitreous jelly. With aging, the jelly starts to liquify and separates from its attachments to the retina. This results in a little tug on the retina, resulting in flashes. This phenomenon is known as posterior vitreous detachment or ...  Read Full »

Can glaucoma and cataract be operated at the same time?
Query: Hello doctor, My mother, who is aged 57, had eye pain recently. We consulted a doctor and got to know that my mom has glaucoma. Also, they mentioned that it is in the advanced stage and severe of around 90%. From another couple of tests, they found that my mother needs cataract surgery along with gl...  Read Full »
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed all reports carefully (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your doctor has correctly said that it is an advanced form of glaucoma. The treatment depends on the type of glaucoma, either open-angle glaucoma or closed angle glaucoma. It is diagn...  Read Full »

Am I a possible candidate for stroke?
Query: Hi Doctor, I recently lost partial vision in my left eye. I was diagnosed with retinal ischemia by an eye specialist and after an angiogram he suspects a small crystal of plaque to be blocking the blood supply to a portion of my retina. He told me I should see a cardiologist fairly soon, as he has w...  Read Full »
Dr. Prashant Valecha
Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are chances of cardioembolic stroke (some clot or infected vegetation) particle that your ophthalmologist is suspecting. Your Cardiologist will do echocardio and see if any source of that in your heart. For prevention of stroke you take one high dose of Aspirin 325...  Read Full »

Age Related Cataract and its Management
Article Overview: This article discusses about senile cataract, which is the most common cause of preventable blindness. Most of us will have age related cataract in the old age. The only treatment we have is surgery; by which we can restore normal vision.  Read Article »
Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Cataract is a decrease in transparency of the natural crystalline lens present in the eye. This lens, as in a camera, helps transmitted light to focus on the retina.  Causes of Cataract: Age related cataract is the most common type. Other causes of cataract can be: Congenital (for example ...  Read Article »

I am concerned that my mom may have a blood disorder. Kindly help.
Query: Hi doctor, I am concerned that my mother may have an undiagnosed blood disorder. Can you let me know if her symptoms are anything that can be related any blood disorder? She is 54 years old. Her weight is 65 kg. There is no history of cardiac problem or diabetes. She is relatively healthy and eats a...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: There appears to be no hematologic disorder as tests are normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Swelling in the legs could be due to varicose veins, causing fluid accumulation. Central retinal vein occlusion...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Vision Loss? We have medical experts to help you right away.