Vitamin C

Related Terms: Sunscreen, Vitamin D, Complete Blood Count, Folic Acid, Antioxidant, Iron-rich Foods, Vitamin B12 Deficiency

Can vitamin C and magnesium levels be restored without stopping EDTA?
Query: Hello doctor, My calcium score is 2000. For lowering it I am taking liposomal EDTA a chelating agent meant to reduce calcium deposits in arteries. But my vitamin C and magnesium levels are sharply reduced. How can I restore vitamin C and magnesium levels without stopping liposomal EDTA?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are taking antioxidant EDTA (Ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid) for reducing calcium deposit in the artery and it is helpful in reducing blood pressure and cholesterol and preventing a heart attack. Now your vitamin C and magnesium levels dropped down because of ...  Read Full »

Can I take Vitamin C supplements for anemia?
Query: Hello doctor, Can I take Vitamin C because I am anemia patient and what is the name of Vitamin C supplement? My age is 19 years old and my height is 161 cm.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are anemic patient, then according to cause the treatment is given. For example, if iron deficiency anemia is present then the iron tablet can be prescribed. If vitamin B12 deficiency is present then B12 injection is needed. No need for Vitamin C intake for an...  Read Full »

Amla - a Treasure of Vitamin C
Article Overview: Amla is the one of the most important medicinal plants in the traditional system of medicine. It contains the highest amount of vitamin C and has other nutrients as well. I have discussed the health benefits of amla in this article.  Read Article »
Dr. Durga Kumari
Nutritionist

The wonder fruit amla (Indian gooseberry) is highly valued by nutritionists and practitioners of indigenous medicine. This is scientifically known as Emblica officinalis or Phyllanthus emblica.  Amla has been held in high esteem in indigenous medicine. It is acidic, diuretic and laxa ...  Read Article »

Can excess intake of vitamin C induce periods?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I am approximately 95 kg weight. I am in need of emergency contraception due to failed birth control. I will be ovulating tomorrow, so I am at a high risk of unwanted pregnancy. I obtained and took a 1.5 mg dose of Levonorgestrel (Plan B pill); however I have...  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Strictly speaking, vitamin C rarely can do so as evidenced in the history of medicine. These are myths and not true reality. As you are 95 kg, there is a very rare chance of failure of emergency contraceptive pills in this weight. Otherwise, do another option. You can ...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest Vitamin C serums for removing brown spots from face.
Query: Hello doctor, My sister's age is 28, normal, sensitive skin. She is having brown spots on her face. Can you please suggest the best Vitamin C serums for removing brown spots on her face without any side effects? Is there any other options (simple and safe) for removing such brown spots?  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many causes for brown spots on face, it could be: 1. Freckles. 2. DPN- Dermatosis papulosa nigra. 3. Melasma. 4. Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Treatment is different for each, it is very difficult to suggest any treatment for you without seeing you...  Read Full »

I am feeling sick. Can I take vitamin C to boost my immunity?
Query: Hi doctor, I am feeling sick with a blocked nose and a sore throat from yesterday. It may be a viral infection due to cold, or it can be due to smoking for the first time. I am feeling tired and sick. I am taking vitamin C 1000 mg every day for the past three days. I have a feeling that I do not ha...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from an upper respiratory viral infection. Vitamin C supplement is right and take them for one week. It is better to stop smoking for at least one week. Panadol cold and flu (Dextromethorphan hydrobromide monohydrate with Paracetamol) is an excellent c...  Read Full »

Is it beneficial to have lemon with water?
Query: Hi doctor, Can you explain whether consuming lemon with water in the morning and in the evening is beneficiary or not?  Read Full »
Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lemon contains vitamin C.  The favorable factors are it is an antioxidant; it delays aging and helps to boost the immunity. For further information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner  Read Full »

Can you suggest a skin whitening cream that does not contain steroids?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old female. My skin appears very dull. Can you suggest a whitening cream that does not contain steroid, which I can use on a regular basis?  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can take an oral Vitamin C supplement every day. I suggest taking one sachet of Ener-C 1000 mg in a glass of water. Use sunscreen in the morning. Apply Golite skin lightening cream over the face at bedtime. For more information consult a dermatologist on...  Read Full »

My 5.2 months old daughter has fever and cold. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, My baby girl is 5 months and 2 weeks old. From yesterday, she has a fever, especially at night. She has running nose and cold feet. She is very dull and weak. I gave her Piccan syrup and Vitamin C drops. Please help. Thank you  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can stop Piccan syrup (Paracetamol and Diphenhydramine) as of now. Regarding Vitamin C drops, it is better to consult your pediatrician regarding the same as per the condition prevailing in your country. Also, it is important to see if the temperature of the child is ...  Read Full »

How to get rid of dark circles and frizzy hair?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 17 years old. I have frizzy hair and dark circles.  Read Full »
Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For dark circles, avoid having stress. Have eight hours of sleep every day. Apply vitamin C serum at night. For frizzy hair, mix one tablespoon of Betamethasone lotion with two tablespoons of olive oil and apply it on the scalp twice a week at night.  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Vitamin C? We have medical experts to help you right away.