Medical Advice on "Vitamin D Deficiency"

... detail about the causes, investigations and management of rickets ... … View thread »

The vitamin D levels are in deficient range and vitamin B12 levels are normal. There is no need to discontinue the pregnancy due to these values. Vitamin D supplementation will help to have adequate levels in baby. I suggest vitamin D supplementation Calcirol sachet … View thread »

Vitamin D deficiency will not cause pain in closing hands and neither tingling sensation. Motor weakness like dropping of light objects is also not caused by vitamin D deficiency. All these are usually caused by nerve compression or has origin in brain. The next step … View thread »

Hope this message finds you in good health. You are right. The cracking sounds that you hear in the joints are due to calcium and vitamin D deficiency. These sounds do not mean that bones rub against each other. It means that air bubbles burst inside the joint. These … View thread »

According to your attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your BMI (Body Mass Index) is 27. This suggests that your weight is more than normal. You need to reduce your weight. Obesity also leads to low level of vitamin D in blood and increases … View thread »

The predominant complaint is a mild pain in the upper back and around the arm. The character of the pain and the pain on applying pressure at some points makes it a musculoskeletal pain. That means that the internal organs are not involved. There are two … View thread »

Your symptoms do match spondyloarthropathy. It is a sort of arthritis, usually common in males but 10% of the females can get affected. The severity is not so much in women, though. Secondly, painkillers (I am not sure which you are taking) are a good drug to stop the … View thread »

I just read your query and saw all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest following the below mentioned ayurvedic medicines for your problem regularly, and you will soon see positive results. Dashamoola Haritaki, take 10 g of this jam … View thread »

Vitamin D deficiency is the most common vitamin deficiency currently faced by the population at large. In about 80 percent of urban population vitamin D is either deficient or insufficient. Your mother's problem is easily treatable by oral medications or … View thread »

Vitamin D deficiency can cause bone weakness and that can lead to waist pain. With Vitamin D supplementation, it shall become alright. But, I need to go through the reports before suggesting any medications. Hence, kindly upload the reports. Revert back with the reports … View thread »

Do you have a question on Vitamin D Deficiency? We have medical experts to help you right away.