Vitamin D Deficiency

Related Terms: Vitamin D, Vitamin Supplements, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Vitamin Deficiency, Calcium Supplements, Calcium Deficiency, Exercises

Vitamin-D Deficiency and Rickets In Children

Article Overview: This article discusses in detail about the causes, investigations and management of rickets.  Read Article »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena
Paediatrician

Rickets is a disease of growing bone that occurs in children. It occurs due to failure of bone mineralization. It's management is necessary to maintain growth of the child. It requires simple investigations and supplementation of vitamin D and calcium. Causes: It occurs mostly due to vitamin D def ...  Read Article »

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 29 years old and we have a 5 year old son. It was a premature delivery in the 34th week and it was a normal delivery. After that, she had three abortions and all are because of no fetal growth and heartbeat. Currently, she is 10 weeks pregnant. Her recent ultrasound scan sho...  Read Full »
Dr. Sonal Prasad

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The vitamin D levels are in deficient range and vitamin B12 levels are normal. There is no need to discontinue the pregnancy due to these values. Vitamin D supplementation will help to have adequate levels in baby. I suggest vitamin D supplementation Calcirol sachet 60...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have vitamin D deficiency. My treatment and supplement is going on. I feel too much weakness and lethargy. I cannot close my hands completely. My hands pain while closing. There is numbness and tingling in fingers all the time. It is more in the night and when I get up. Light obj...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vitamin D deficiency will not cause pain in closing hands and neither tingling sensation. Motor weakness like dropping of light objects is also not caused by vitamin D deficiency. All these are usually caused by nerve compression or has origin in brain. The next step w...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My query is regarding knee joint and lower back pain. I usually get a cracking sound when I bend my knees and while getting up. The sound is not accompanied by pain. Is this a cause of concern? Please let me know if any test or x-ray needs to be done. I am also having lower back pain...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahavir Patil
Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hope this message finds you in good health. You are right. The cracking sounds that you hear in the joints are due to calcium and vitamin D deficiency. These sounds do not mean that bones rub against each other. It means that air bubbles burst inside the joint. These sou...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have vitamin D deficiency. The test report says that the count is 2 ng/mL. I had an oil massage last week. Now I have joint pain, tiredness and I get depressed very soon. Is it related to the body massage? Is there any cure for it in ayurveda?  Read Full »
Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your BMI (Body Mass Index) is 27. This suggests that your weight is more than normal. You need to reduce your weight. Obesity also leads to low level of vitamin D in blood and increases j...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old male. For about two weeks or more, I have been experiencing a mild nonspecific pain in my upper body. It is mostly at the upper back, at the center and slightly towards the right. At times, it occurs in the middle and lower back, at the sides, behind the right upper ...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, I went through your detailed post. The predominant complaint is a mild pain in the upper back and around the arm. The character of the pain and the pain on applying pressure at some points makes it a musculoskeletal pain. That means that the internal organs are not involved. There are two ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old female. I got married recently. I am HLA-B27 positive patient with vitamin D deficiency (less than 8%). These days, I am suffering from severe back and shoulder pain. Sometimes, there is a hip joint pain, and I am not able to sleep at night. Rarely, the pain remains...  Read Full »
Dr. Naval Mendiratta
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms do match spondyloarthropathy. It is a sort of arthritis, usually common in males but 10% of the females can get affected. The severity is not so much in women, though. Secondly, painkillers (I am not sure which you are taking) are a good drug to stop the d...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, Both my legs are swollen, and my knees are paining. I have full body weakness, and my vitamin D is less than 3 ng/mL. I feel that my entire body is swollen, and I have pain in my limbs. Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and saw all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest following the below mentioned ayurvedic medicines for your problem regularly, and you will soon see positive results. Dashamoola Haritaki, take 10 g of this jam...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am 51 years old feeling frequent lower back pain and tiredness. BP, sugar and other tests are normal but my vitamin D3 is deficient. Please advise.  Read Full »
Dr. Vineeth Varma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vitamin D deficiency is one of the common cause of generalized body pain. It is more frequent in perimenopausal and postmenopausal women. Back pain can also be due to osteoporosis or degenerative (age-related) spine changes. It is better you start taking Calcium and ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 59 years old and she is having severe pain in the knee. After taking x-ray and blood tests we came to know that her vitamin D levels are low which shows 14ng /mL. Can you please suggest a cure for this? Can the pain in the legs be cured? Can you suggest a remedy to get the...  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vitamin D deficiency is the most common vitamin deficiency currently faced by the population at large. In about 80 percent of urban population vitamin D is either deficient or insufficient. Your mother's problem is easily treatable by oral medications or injections. ...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Vitamin D Deficiency? We have medical experts to help you right away.