Vomiting At The Sight Or Thought Of Food

Related Terms: Stress, Vomiting, Domperidone, Nausea, Pantoprazole, Viral Infection, Fever, Headache

When to Seek Expert Advice for Nausea and Vomiting?
Article Overview: Nausea and vomiting, although common symptoms, can cause a lot of distress when it is persistent. It is important to find out the cause and treat it accordingly.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S

Nausea is an unpleasant feeling in the stomach that often precedes vomiting. It may or may not be followed by actual vomiting. Vomiting is the forceful throwing up (expelling out) of contents of the stomach through the mouth. Both nausea and vomiting are commonly caused by different conditions. Bot ...  Read Article »

Why does my son always vomits at the sight of food he does not like?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a 7 year old son who vomits or gags at the sight or thought of food that he does not like. He has been doing it for as long as I can remember. Every time I talk to his pediatrician about it, she says that it is no big deal, but I feel it is. He has to sit alone at lunch while a...  Read Full »
Dr. Sirisha
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vomiting at the sight of food is psychological, but I would like to know to which kind of foods does he do that like is it for milk products, etc.? This also means he might be allergic to some foods. Those foods can be avoided. Is his weight normal for his age? If he vo...  Read Full »

Can vestibular problems and C5-C6 bulge cause headaches?
Query: Hi doctor, I have had persistent, recurrent headaches and shooting head pains due to a concussion from a traumatic brain injury, that I acquired five years back. The doctor has described my headaches as tension-type headaches, I have pain behind the eyes mainly, but it can be on the top of the head...  Read Full »
Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know few more details about your problem. Since when you started to have this problem? Did it start immediately after the accident? Or it started after some gap? In which part of the head do you have headaches mostly? Is it only behind the eyes? What...  Read Full »

Difficulties Faced by a New Mom
Article Overview: A woman when becomes a mother for the first time, she has a lot of confusions and worries. This article is aimed to make mom worry-free.  Read Article »
Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali
Paediatrician

There are many questions usually running in the mind of a new mom. The most common worries are: Why is the infant crying? Why he/she is not sleeping? Why do not I understand what the baby wants to say? What to eat and what not to eat? These are all common problems, and you do not need to wo ...  Read Article »

Food Intolerance in Infants
Article Overview: Starting solids for the baby is an exciting time for the parents. But, it does not come without its share of panic moments and confusions. This article talks about foods to avoid in babies, precautions to take and providing the right nutrition specific to the baby's age group.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S
Paediatrician

Food Allergy vs. Food Intolerance Although both allergy and intolerance are thought to be the same thing, they are entirely different. While an allergy is an immune reaction to a protein found in a particular food, intolerance occurs due to the lack or deficiency of digestive enzymes required to br ...  Read Article »

Are my symptoms pointing towards Crohn's disease?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 39-year-old female suffering from abdominal pain and intermittent diarrhea. Had a CT with contrast that revealed bowel wall thickening in ascending and transverse colon- possible transmural thickening, that may just be artifactual, but it did show up and warrant GI consult. Abdom...  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a suspected thickening of the right colonic wall and features of subacute obstruction (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Crohn's can be a possibility but chances are less. The next step would definitely be a complete colonoscopy. For more infor...  Read Full »

My wife has peculiar headache near left ear. What is it?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 35 years old. She is 5 feet and weighs 50 kg. She is having a peculiar pain for the past six to eight months. The pain is located just above the left ear and 2 cm beside the left eye. Earlier, the pain use to occur once in one to two months. Usual timing for this pain is bedt...  Read Full »
Dr. Lalit Bansal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Headache which you have described could be migraines. I would need to know answer of few questions which would help me in getting to the right diagnosis. Any history of headache (HA) in your wife's family or your children? How does the headache feel - throbbing, pulsati...  Read Full »

I have pain in both feet. Please check X-ray and suggest diagnosis and treatment.
Query: Hello doctor, A 40 year old male having pain in both feet for four to five months. The pain is in the bottom of the feet going from the heel to balls of feet and toes. Enclosed X-ray of feet and foot images. Please suggest diagnosis and treatment. I am not diabetic and uric acid is normal. RA facto...  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mostly this appears to be plantar fasciitis but I could not see your X-rays as it is not attached. This is a condition in which the fascia or the tissue at the heel is inflamed, and pain is there especially in the morning after getting up from sleep. I suggest the f...  Read Full »

What is the homeopathic medication for someone who fears change?
Query: Hello doctor,I am forgetting what I read a week before. The brain does not listen if other person speaks, or anything that requires moderate attention like a difficult lesson or an English movie or very new issues and tries to skip it. Due to this problem, I need to read the books, again and again, ...  Read Full »
Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your narration, you have only fear and lack of self-confidence and self-motivation. Actually, you have no symptoms of dyslexia and you have only stage fear. According to your narration, you are very sensitive and you always feel that you are making mista...  Read Full »

What does my daughter's blood report suggest?
Query: Hello doctor, Our daughter aged 3 years 3 months has been frequently sick in her life. She was even hospitalized thrice and was on drips for stomach related diseases. Most often, her illnesses are related to stomach issues with symptoms typically including repeated vomiting, diarrhea and sometimes...  Read Full »
Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I understand your concern. Few children go through such situations due to sensitivity and low immunity levels, so you need not panic. I would suggest you avoid antibiotics as ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Vomiting At The Sight Or Thought Of Food? We have medical experts to help you right away.