Warning Signs Of Stroke

Related Terms: Stroke, Risk Factors For Stroke, Ischemic Stroke, Emergency Care For Stroke, Paralysis, Transient Ischemic Stroke, High Blood Pressure

How to Recognize a Warning Sign of Stroke?
Article Overview: Stroke is the third leading cause of death today. There are many complications associated with a stroke, which will disturb the day-to-day activities of a person or the family members. Every person must be aware of the signs and symptoms of stroke to save the patient's life. For better protection, a person should know the risk factors of stroke, how to reduce the risk factors, warning signs, and what to do if warning signs appear.  Read Article »
Dr. Vidhi Hareshbhai Talati

Stroke is also referred to as a cerebrovascular accident (CVA) or brain attack. It means that there is an insult or disturbance in the blood supply of the brain, which leads to neurological function loss. Stroke may cause permanent disability to one or two or all four extremities. Complications wit ...  Read Article »

What to Do if Someone Develops a Stroke?
Article Overview: This article discusses the warning signs of stroke and emergency care for someone who develops a stroke.  Read Article »
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Stroke is one of the commonest occurring diseases. Someone in the world develops a stroke every 40 seconds. Therefore, it is essential for everyone to know how to recognize a stroke. Especially since now we have a medicine that improves the outcome of the stroke. But the administration of the medici ...  Read Article »

Can right-sided facial numbness be due to a stroke on the left side of the brain?
Query: Hello doctor, If the stroke has occurred in the left side of the brain, we know the patient's right side of the body would be weak and numb. But when the patient's right side of the face is also numb, is this also because of the stroke on the left side of the brain?     Read Full »
Dr. Shivam Om Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Strokes on the left side of the brain will cause weakness in the right side of the body and right facial weakness. Please let me know if you have any other questions. For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-on...  Read Full »

I had two episodes of high BP and fall. Am I at the risk of stroke?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a stroke two weeks ago. Today morning, when I got up off the table, I nearly fell twice and had trouble speaking. My BP was 220/110 mmHg. They took me to ER and the telemetry unit. I got an MRI with contrast this morning. Am I having a stroke?  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query with keen interest and understand your concerns. The onset of problems in the early morning, blood pressure in a range which can cause stroke and difficulty in speaking along with two falls point towards the high possibility of stroke. The ...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest treatment for someone who had TIA for two hours.
Query: Hello doctor, My father had a TIA for two hours nearly four months ago where he could not understand what was going around him and had some difficulties with walking. He was released from the hospital after five days. Before this, he had a fever. His CRP level was also 2.328 and he was taking Atorv...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. TIA (transient ischemic attack) for more than 60 minutes in a hypertensive and diabetic patient is a very serious sign that could lead to a stroke. I suggest you control your blood pressure and blood glucose with medications with regular followup. I suggest you tak...  Read Full »

May I know the reason for slurred speech in a paralyzed person?
Query: Hi doctor,My dad has been paralyzed for three years now. He was fine, but suddenly his speech is not clear. We cannot understand what he says. May I know why this has happened?  Read Full »
Dr. Talal Hussain

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Paralyzed patients have a tendency to get stroke when they have already had it. This could be a recurrence of stroke and the patient should be taken to a hospital as a CT scan without contrast needs to be done to know if he has again developed a stroke. If he has had a...  Read Full »

Stroke: Who Can Get It?
Article Overview: Stroke is one of the commonest diseases occurring around the world. It is also among the top causes of both mortality as well as morbidity. Therefore everyone needs to know whether they are at the risk of stroke.  Read Article »
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Stroke, known as Cerebrovascular Accident (CVA) occurs due to poor blood flow to the brain, thereby causing improper functioning of that part of brain. There are numerous risk factors for stroke. There are some very common medical conditions and habits that may predispose one to stroke, especially ...  Read Article »

Are these head-reeling episodes sue to stroke, seizure or syncope?
Query: Hello doctor, I have consulted you over this forum regarding the health of my mother (59 years), who is under treatment for hypothyroidism (Eltroxin 50 mcg), hypertension (Olmezest 20 mg), osteoarthritis (Gemcal D3, Kondro OD) and mild anemia Hb 10.6 [11.5 - 15] (Folvite). I would like to request y...  Read Full »
Dr. Shivam Om Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is difficult to comment if the episodes are solely syncope/ fainting spell due to orthostatic hypotension or abnormal heart rhythm. I agree with Holter monitoring. I would also, recommend EEG study for one hour to make sure we are not dealing with seizures. Her ...  Read Full »

Understanding Stroke
Article Overview: This article explains what is stroke or brain attack and how it happens.  Read Article »
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Stroke, something that most people realize by its most common symptom - paralysis, is one of the most common syndromes affecting the elderly and not so infrequently, even the youngsters. One of the most common questions I face when I tell my patient that he/she has had a stroke is - “What doe ...  Read Article »

Jelqing - Penis Enlargement Exercise
Article Overview: Jelqing exercise involves applying pressure and pulling the penis, which is said to make the organ grow in length and girth. It works on the idea that the pulling and squeezing increases the blood flow to the penis, thus training the penis to accommodate more and more blood during an erection.  Read Article »
Dr. K Sneha
Sexologist

What is Jelqing Exercise? Jelqing exercise involves applying pressure and pulling the penis, which is said to make the organ grow in length and girth. It is believed to have its roots in the ancient Middle East, which dates back more than 200 years. There is still a lot of controversies about the e ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Warning Signs Of Stroke? We have medical experts to help you right away.