Warts

Related Terms: Genital Warts, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Fungal Infection, Human Papilloma Virus, Acne, Hpv, Anxiety

Genital Warts (Condylomata Acuminata) - a Sexually Transmitted Infection
Article Overview: Current evidence suggests that over 50% of sexually active adults (15 to 25 years of age) have been infected with one or more human papilloma virus - HPV infection. The underlying HPV infection may increase the evidence and prevalence of genital warts.  Read Article »
Venereologist

Condyloma, a Greek word with the meaning of round tumor, has been recognized as a distinct entity since ancient times. Mucosal HPV infections are the most common sexually transmitted infections (STIs). It can occur on anogenital or oral mucosa or skin. HPV present in the birth canal can be transmitt ...  Read Article »

Small warts are spreading on my face and neck. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, Small skin warts are spreading on my face and neck drastically. Can you please suggest the cure for this kind of a virus infection? It started one and a half months back. But, I only recently realized that it is multiplying.  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern is verruca planae. It is caused by the human papilloma virus. Avoid shaving until you completely get rid of the virus. Start Zinfate or Zitcare tablets twice daily for three months. It is a pure zinc tablet which boosts up your immunity. I suggest you plan...  Read Full »

Is wart-like growth on the penis contagious?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. My weight is 140 lbs and height is 6'3". I am doing a computer-based job. My diet is poor for the past 2-1/2 years. As I often work at night my sleep too gets disturbed. I am single and never had sexual contact with anyone. There is no history of skin disease, smoking ...  Read Full »
Dr. Chaitra Prakash
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and relevant pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and I appreciate the same. As I can see that you do not have any signs of wart or contagious disease, please relax. The lesion you are having is just a dilated hair ...  Read Full »

Could a wart recur after 11 years?
Query: Hi doctor, 11 years ago, I had genital warts. As I embarrassed to go to the doctor I ordered Aldara online and it worked. My question is what if I missed a wart after all this time? I do have a few very tiny white specks on underside of the head on my penis. When I showed them to my regular physicia...  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First I do want to make sure that recurrence of wart after 11 years is almost impossible. Now you can get genital wart only after exposure due to sexual contact done recently. The second possibility of untreated or remaining part of wart also impossible as in 1...  Read Full »

I have warts on my penis. Is it an STD?
Query: Hello doctor,I had unprotected intercourse with one of my relatives 14 years ago. I had gone through two to three sets of tests back then including HIV, and all were negative. But I still have some neurological problems which started one month after I had the intercourse. The doctor did not find any...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can see a single, skin colored, raised and round bump on the glans. Perhaps it is a genital wart, however, I request you to kindly upload a few more good quali...  Read Full »

I have wart-like lesions in my left groin. Are they genital warts?
Query: Hello doctor, There are soft wart-like lesions in my left groin region. A picture is attached for your reference. It is itchy on and off and it is mildly painful. Is this a genital wart?  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and the image attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, they seem like warts. Regards. For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Do genital warts appear above the pubic area?
Query: Hi doctor, Do genital warts appear above the pubic area? I have attached the picture for your reference.  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Genital warts over the pubic area is a common presentation of the advent and use of condoms. As condoms provide protection to the genitalia, the incidence is lower in such sites. However, the skin over the pubic area remains unprotected and can come in contact wit...  Read Full »

I have 12 warts on my scrotum that have darkened over time. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I have about 12 warts on my scrotum that have not gone away for three years. Because of the length of time they have been there, it seems that they could only be molluscum or HPV. They vary in size from small dots to clusters of slightly larger dots. They have darkened over time, do n...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern. I request you to kindly upload a few clear images of the affected area so that I can have a look and guide you further. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Corns, Callosities, and Plantar Warts
Article Overview: In this article, I have discussed the management of corns, callosities, and plantar warts.  Read Article »

Definition Corns and callosities refer to the localized thickenings of the skin that appear over sites of repeated trauma and pressure. Predisposing Factors Prolonged pressure. Friction. Shearing forces of bone against each other. Ill-fitting shoes. Clinical Features Corns are well-demar ...  Read Article »

Can a single genital wart exist unchanged for over 10 years?
Query: Hello doctor, I am not sure why I never bothered to ask these questions before now, but I suppose it is better late than never. I have what appears to be a single genital wart just below the head. I have had it since I was 16 years old. I went through five years in the military with this without an...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A single wart cannot exist for such a long time. There has to be an increase in the number. Are you sure it is a genital wart? Were you diagnosed by a dermatologist? Clinical photographs would have helped. For more information consult a dermatologist online ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Warts? We have medical experts to help you right away.