Weight Gain

Related Terms: Reduce Weight, Exercises, Physiotherapy, Weight Loss, Obesity, Vitamin D, Weight Reduction

The Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator estimates the ideal weight gain for each month of your pregnancy on the basis of your height and weight. Pregnancy weight gain is crucial, not only to provide sufficient nourishment to the baby but also to accumulate adequate reserves for breastfeeding. Did you know it takes about 1000 to 1500 calories to produce milk? This tool will help you to find out if …

Read Full »

Antidepressants caused weight gain. Please suggest a personalized diet to lose weight.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male and I have been on Cipralex 20 mg for my depression for more than a year now. When I started Cipralex 10 mg I was fine. However, when my depression worsened I was given Mirtazapine 30 mg and my weight increased a lot. I gained 15 kg in three months, mostly around ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sonali Arvind Bhanushali
Dietician, Fitness Expert

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query which says you are on anti-depression medicine. And you are concerned about weight gain but as I can see the details given your height is 175 cm and weight is 33 kg in which case you are not overweight at all. You need to start with proper ...  Read Full »

What can cause weight gain, sweating and tiredness?
Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I ordered thyrocare test. The test report shows total triiodothyronine (T3) CLIA 117 ng/dL, total thyroxine (T4) CLIA 10.9 µg/dL, thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) CLIA 9.04 µIU/mL, FT3 - 3.03, FT4 - 1.08 and anti-microsomal antibody (AMA) - 315. My BP is 145/90 mmHg. I have s...  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having symptoms of hypothyroidism and the reports too are suggesting the same. I recommend you to start tablet Eltroxin (Levothyroxine) 50 mcg every morning in empty stomach and repeat TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) after two months. Revert back after two mo...  Read Full »

Can medicines cause sudden weight gain during pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 28 weeks pregnant. I am having doubts regarding medication which she is taking. Our consultant prescribed the following three medicines from first week of her pregnancy. Tablet Promocal (calcium, vitamin D3 and magnesium). Tablet Ferofer (Sodium feredetate with vitamins and ...  Read Full »
Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and understood your problem. The increase in weight may be due to difference in clothing or other things, but if it is true increase then water is accumulating in her body. Does she have swelling of feet? Under such a condition, salt intake is restricted. Her...  Read Full »

Is there any ayurvedic weight gain supplement?
Query: Hello doctor, I want to gain weight. Is there any ayurvedic weight gain supplement? Can I take Nutrigain? Please help me,  Read Full »
Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nutrigain is a herbal product, you can use it to gain weight. Weight gain or loss depends on your appetite. If your appetite is not good, then whatever you eat, it will never increase your weight. Yoga and exercise can regulate your metabolism and it will be able to incre...  Read Full »

I have thyroid problem and weight gain problem. I want to lose my weight.
Query: Hello doctor,I have a thyroid problem and weight gain problem. I want to lose my weight. TSH is 7.63. I take Thyronorm 100 for last three years.  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few things that you need to know. Your TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) is slightly high and therefore you have sub-clinical hypothyroidism and therefore there is no need to take any treatment. Your cholesterol is high. You must do diet and exercise...  Read Full »

Please suggest formula milk for weight gain and overall development.
Query: Hi doctor, My baby has completed four months. Please suggest the best formula milk for weight gain and overall development.  Read Full »
Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am assuming you are asking for formula milk for a four-month-old baby. May I suggest: The best thing will be to continue breastfeeding until six months of age. For a full term baby, I suggest Nestle NAN1 range - Nan Optipro HA 1 Gold. For a preterm baby Nestle P...  Read Full »

Please explain the reason for weight gain during pregnancy.
Query: Hi doctor, When I had my third ultrasound, I was 24 weeks pregnant and it appeared like two faces in the ultrasound. I keep asking my obstetrician regarding my weight gain. I am gaining so much weight when I barely eat and my stomach so huge. I found that at 14 weeks on my first ultrasound I was h...  Read Full »
Dr. Sweta Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. One cannot make out from the picture of an ultrasound (attachment removed to protect patient identity) whether there is a single or twin pregnancy as in one section only one fetus is seen at a time. There is absolutely no indication for a pelvic exam at this point in you...  Read Full »

Why is a 10-year-old kid gaining more weight?
Query: Hello doctor, My son is 10 years 5 months old and is gaining weight. I feel it is more than normal. Thyroid test has been done. He is fully healthy and has food normally.  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand all your concerns. I have checked the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The values point to the state of hypothyroidism. Please revise with me if he has any symptoms like cold intolerance, constipation, low heartbeats or ove...  Read Full »

Does low level of testosterone cause weight gain issues?
Query: Hello doctor, My current weight is 92 kg and my height is 5 feet 8 inches. I have regular weight gain problem.  In the past I have got done tests like thyroid, testosterone and cortisol. Please advice if any other test can be done to diagnose a problem. I have a very strict diet and exercise. I d...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. If obesity runs in your family, then that might have influenced your weight gain. Such weight gain is genetic and therefore if your parents and relatives have a tendency of obesity then it is ge...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Weight Gain? We have medical experts to help you right away.