Medical Advice on "Weight Gain"

Pregnancy weight gain is crucial, not only to provide sufficient nourishment to the baby but also to accumulate adequate reserves for breastfeeding … View thread »

I went through your query which says you are on anti-depression medicine. And you are concerned about weight gain but as I can see the details given your height is 175 cm and weight is 33 kg in which case you are not overweight at all. You need to start with proper … View thread »

You are having symptoms of hypothyroidism and the reports too are suggesting the same. I recommend you to start tablet Eltroxin (Levothyroxine) 50 mcg every morning in empty stomach and repeat TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) after two months. Revert back after two … View thread »

I have read and understood your problem. The increase in weight may be due to difference in clothing or other things, but if it is true increase then water is accumulating in her body. Does she have swelling of feet? Under such a condition, salt intake is restricted. Her … View thread »

Nutrigain is a herbal product, you can use it to gain weight. Weight gain or loss depends on your appetite. If your appetite is not good, then whatever you eat, it will never increase your weight. Yoga and exercise can regulate your metabolism and it will be able to … View thread »

I am assuming you are asking for formula milk for a four-month-old baby. May I suggest: The best thing will be to continue breastfeeding until six months of age. For a full term baby, I suggest Nestle NAN1 range - Nan Optipro HA 1 Gold. For a preterm baby Nestle … View thread »

One cannot make out from the picture of an ultrasound (attachment removed to protect patient identity) whether there is a single or twin pregnancy as in one section only one fetus is seen at a time. There is absolutely no indication for a pelvic exam at this point in … View thread »

I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. If obesity runs in your family, then that might have influenced your weight gain. Such weight gain is genetic and therefore if your parents and relatives have a tendency of obesity then it is … View thread »

Haloperidol is an antipsychotic with the least weight gain potential. If you are maintaining well on the antipsychotic which you are prescribed now, I advise you to continue taking it as discontinuation can precipitate a relapse. The medicines are prescribed based on the … View thread »

Is it a single chamber pacemaker or double chamber? It is mostly a pacemaker syndrome if the patient did not exhibit similar kind of symptoms before pacemaker implantation. In treatment, you need to visit her cardiologist for changing the settings of the pacemaker. One … View thread »

Do you have a question on Weight Gain? We have medical experts to help you right away.