Weight Reduction

Related Terms: Reduce Weight, Obesity, Exercises, Weight Loss, How To Lose Weight, Bmi, Pcos

Can I take Orlistat for weight loss if I have PCOS?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old female. I weigh 49 kg. My height is 140 cm and my BMI is 25. I am getting married in a few months and need to shed a few pounds. I took Orlistat 60 mg capsules after breakfast and lunch. I bought it over the counter without a prescription. The same evening, I had co...  Read Full »
Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need not take this drug to reduce weight. I would recommend you to stop this drug. An oily stool is normal with the medication you had taken. If you are already a diagnosed case of PCOS, consult a gynaecologist online and get it treated. PCOS is a cause for ove...  Read Full »

PCOS and Weight Management
Article Overview: Weight reduction plays a major role in managing the complications of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).  Read Article »
Dr. Deepali Mohan Pohane

PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome is a hormonal disorder in women. Studies and observations have shown that proper weight management has resolved many issues associated with PCOS. PCOS Is Characterized By: Menstrual irregularities. Excess androgen. Ultrasound features of multiple small folli ...  Read Article »

I think the Insulin injection is not reducing my mother's sugar levels. Should we change it?
Query: Hi doctor, My 77 year old mother, who weighs 115 kg, is suffering from diabetes mellitus since last 6 to 8 years. Her fasting sugar level is 180 and postprandial is 250. She is taking Insulin from the past 3 to 4 years, Humalog 50/50 (twice a day 40 units). And her HbA1c is also high. She also takes...  Read Full »
Dr. Ankush Gupta
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Weight reduction is very important in diabetes. Maintain a strict diet and walk daily to reduce weight. I suggest changing tablet Jentin Met (combination of Sitagliptin and Metformin) to tablet Galvus Met (combination of Vildagliptin and Metformin). Continue with In...  Read Full »

How can I control my urge to eat?
Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to lose weight for about one year now. I used to weigh 75 kilograms. With proper diet and exercise, I was able to reduce my weight. Now, my weight is 65 kilograms. But I am unable to control my urge to eat. I am cheating on my diet every single day and it makes me frustrated....  Read Full »
Dr. Sumiya Sulthana
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have reached your normal BMI (body mass index). So after this, weight reduction will be a very slow process. According to WHO (world health organization), you are weighing right for your height. Coming to the eating problem, divide your meals into six small meals. E...  Read Full »

Can I take Phentermine along with Cymbalta?
Query: Hi doctor, I take Cymbalta 60 mg for depression and Trazodone 100 mg for sleep. Can I take Phentermine for weight loss without problems of serotonin syndrome?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Phentermine is a short-term (few weeks) adjunctive used as a part of a weight reduction regimen for patients with initial body mass index (BMI) more than or equal to 30 kg/m². Cymbalta - Duloxetine has serious interaction with Phentermine. Both if taken toge...  Read Full »

I workout regularly,but not able to lose weight.Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I eat healthy, I workout, but I am not able to lose weight. I am really worried about my health. What can I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Prathap Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want you to understand how metabolism plays an important role in weight gain or weight reduction. An increased metabolism will lead to more energy burning which will help you to reduce weight. How to increase metabolism? As soon as you wake up, drink a glass of warm ...  Read Full »

Water, a Way to Stay Healthy
Article Overview: This article aims at creating general awareness regarding the importance of water and its uses in our daily life. How can it help in weight reduction and maintaining a healthy life?  Read Article »
Dr. Afnan
Wellness Medicine Specialist

Water has always remained the most important and basic component of life for all the living creatures, since the beginning of the world. Without water, the survival of mankind is impossible. Knowing these facts, we still are very casual in its use and have forgotten its importance. What if I tell yo ...  Read Article »

I have thick and foul-smelling vaginal discharge. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 23 years old, and my husband is 30 years old, and I have PCOS from the past 11 years. We are married for a year and a half. My periods are irregular, and sometimes I do not get periods for 8 to 9 months. I used to get periods after taking Meprate. With Clomifene, I got two cycles...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), you should plan the treatment first and then plan a pregnancy. This involves weight reduction, oral contraceptive pills for three months, the ones with Cyproterone acetate to reduce testosterone levels and also most import...  Read Full »

I am trying for a baby with no success. What could be the problem?
Query: Hello doctor,I have been married a year ago and trying for a baby with no success. I weigh 89 kg and my height is 157 cm. My periods are regular. We got checked. The doctor said no problem with my ovulation and no problem with my partner too. I have been taking Siphene and Letroz for the past four m...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe
Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In order to conceive you should have good quality egg and sperms and good fallopian tubes. The first step will be weight reduction, testing hormones and fallopian tubes. If everything is normal then you should plan for a baby. For more information consult an obstetrici...  Read Full »

Kindly advise whether my report is all right after bariatric surgery.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I had gastric sleeve surgery around 1.5 years ago. I have lost around 55 kg till now and now, my weight is 68 kg. I have not followed the dietary recommendations and vitamin and calcium supplements prescribed by the doctor for quite a long time. Now, I am in poor...  Read Full »
Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. My first step is to congratulate you for a definite action towards your health as the bariatric surgery. Also, you have achieved a great weight reduction with it which needs appreciation too. I understand that you have not been following the diet and just accept the fa...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Weight Reduction? We have medical experts to help you right away.