Wheezing

Related Terms: Montelukast, Allergy, Asthma, Sneezing, Levocetirizine, Steam Inhalation, Sinusitis

Why am I getting wheezing and cough on sleeping in AC room?
Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing this for the past four months. I have installed an AC at home and started wheezing in the middle of the night, chest tightness, etc. It is still there with wheezing at random times especially while sleeping with or without AC. A cough sometimes with minimal phlegm. T...  Read Full »
Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you are experiencing can occur in a myriad of conditions. But we have to exclude two systems respiratory and cardiac. Is your breathlessness precipitated or worsened by exposure to cold or any dust, any foodstuff or during emotional stress? Does it worse...  Read Full »

Why is there frequent wheezing without any allergy in a baby?
Query: Hello doctor, My son is 5 years old. He has a wheezing problem from one and a half years. Recently, a pediatric pulmonologist diagnosed his condition as reactive airway disease. Currently, my son is taking Foracort 200 one puff in the morning and one puff at night. My husband and his brother both h...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, your son may have inherited it from the father. Considering that the wheezing may have been inherited from the father, it should follow the same course and should go away by the age of 8 years. Even if it has not been inherited, usually this issue disappears by the...  Read Full »

Why is there frequent wheezing without any known allergy?
Query: Hello doctor, My 5-year-old son has a wheezing problem right from one and a half years. A year back the doctor prescribed Foracort 100. I administered Foracort 1 puff daily for one year. Now, I have stopped it as adviced by the doctor. Still, he gets wheezing minimum one time a month and a maximum ...  Read Full »
Dr. Amit Modi
Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Generally, we would label your son a recurrent wheezer at this age. Asthma is not a diagnosis of the tender age. Wheezing is generally associated with allergy and not always can be found with a blood test. It can be an allergy to dust, pollution, dampness, pets or anyth...  Read Full »

What causes frequent sneezing, wheezing and cough during cold climate?
Query: Hi doctor, I have frequent sneezing during cold climate. I have wheezing and cough. I used several medicines for seven years. I have no problem with the heart, and I do not have asthma.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query and here is my advise. Your symptoms are suggestive of allergic bronchitis. You are having an allergy to cold as per mentioned in the history. I suggest you investigate your CBC (complete blood count) and spirometry to assess the severity and ...  Read Full »

How can I control wheezing and shortness of breath while having cold?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a wheezing problem and breathing shortness when I suffer from cold. I noticed I have dust allergy also. Day by day my problem is increasing. Now I have to take Levolin inhaler three times in a day. Is there any measure to control my problem?  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Pillai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The whole problem can be attributed to dust allergy and bronchospasm due to cold. I would suggest the continuation of inhaler therapy for at least three months, a patch test to seek out the allergen, and dust free surroundings, (dust can harbor mites which are known to ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment plan for cough with wheezing and sneezing?
Query: Hello doctor,I got a kidney transplant done six years back. Currently, I am taking immunosuppressants Tacrolimus 1.5, Azoran 50 mg, and Wysolone 5 mg. Renal parameters are normal. Six months back, I started with a cough slowly increased to wheezing and sneezing. I took antibiotic from GP for seven ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, let me assure you that you are not the only one with the same history to me. There are lots and lots of my patients suffering from this. Now see, this is actually pollution induced and a lot of people are experiencing this kind of a non-resolving cough. M...  Read Full »

I woke up today morning with wheezing and cough with mucus. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 41 year old female. I woke up in the morning with wheezing, throat congestion, and cough. The cough was not dry but with mucus. It looks like the weather has triggered it. I have experienced this condition previously at the same time of the year. I also feel some heaviness in the...  Read Full »
Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are sure you have wheezing, I suggest you start using inhalers having a combination of Salmeterol and Fluticasone propionate. Using a Levosalbutamol inhaler would also be beneficial. Take one puff twice daily for a week and then only one puff at night for a we...  Read Full »

I have a wheezing problem. Kindly suggest a quick remedy.
Query: Hello doctor, I have a wheezing problem. It is like asthma. Can I have a quick remedy as I am in office?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The presence of wheezing suggestive of bronchoconstriction induced by asthma or bronchitis. For immediate relief, you can take Salbutamol inhaler two puffs readily. If nebulizer is available then Levosalbutamol and Budesonide Respule can be taken through nebulization. Y...  Read Full »

Is there any permanent solution for wheezing and dust allergy?
Query: Hello Doctor, I am 31 years old.  I have a history of eosinophilia and dust allergy since the age of 12 years.  The onset of eosinophilia and dust allergy has become more frequent since I moved to Bangalore (5-6 years).  Sometimes I suffer wheezing, running nose and watery eyes.  Since, last two...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to say that bronchial asthma or allergic bronchitis is just controllable and not completely curable. Following are the answers for your questions: 1. You should avoid Glemont-F. Reserve it only for acute exacerbations. Try to control your problem with inhale...  Read Full »

My 9 year old son has wheezing problem. Suggest treatment
Query: Hello doctor, My son is 9 year old and developed the problem of wheezing when he was 3 years old. My father is asthmatic and I had wheezing when I was a kid (2-3 years of age). We were residing in an area where the industrial pollution is very high and he used to get wheezing more frequently the...  Read Full »
Dr. Parin Niranjanbhai Parmar
Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I am replying to your main 3 questions as follows:1. Routine management of wheezing: In my opinion, inhaled levosalbutamol (Levolin) is good for asthmatic wheezing. You can give it by nebulization or by inhalers (MDI - Metered Dose Inhaler) with spacer a...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Wheezing? We have medical experts to help you right away.