Whey Protein

Related Terms: Protein Rich Diet, Crp, Esr, Fever, Exercises, Reduce Weight, Diabetes, Diet And Lifestyle

My gym trainer is asking me to start whey protein.Do they have any side effects?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 year old male. I weigh 90 kg and my height is 5'12". I actually started going to gym 3 months back and my trainer is asking me to start whey protein. I just bought one. Now my queries are: Are they safe to consume? Do they have any side effects? I do workout not very intensely...  Read Full »
Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Till now there are no side effects encountered for whey protein. It is better to take with water on empty stomach, half an hour before food. Whey protein will help to replace your body fat with muscle. You can gradually stop whey protein after few months. But it ...  Read Full »

After working out, is it safe to have protein shake?
Query: Hi doctor, I started gym a few days ago. Can I take protein shake (whey protein) after my workout? Is it safe? I do not have any known food allergies. I have attached my anthropometry chart with BMI. I heard that protein will make the person unhealthy after stopping it. Is it true? Please suggest.  Read Full »
Dr. Swapan Banerjee
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I must say that as per your height and weight your BMI (body mass index) is fine. Now you should start taking good quality foods enriched with protein. Once you are taking whey protein, it is like one-sided food. As you need more energy to do a workout, it...  Read Full »

What diet can I take to increase my weight? I am lactose intolerant. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old male, who is 5.9 feet tall and weighs 55 kg. I take vegetables, egg, fish but not meat. I am lactose intolerant for the past three years. If I take any milk products, it causes gastritis instantly, and I have to take an antacid. I cannot take whey protein because of thi...  Read Full »
Dr. Durga Kumari
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have mentioned that you are suffering from lactose intolerance, which means a decreased ability to digest milk sugar that is, lactose. You need not worry because you can have soy products like soy milk, tofu, and soy yogurt. Do not take whey protein or any other pr...  Read Full »

Hypothyroid patient. Suggest any pre-workout supplement other than Nitrous Oxide.
Query: Dear Doctor, I have hypothyroidism. My TSH level is higher than the normal range. T3 and T4 are fine. I go to the gym regularly and like to lift heavy weights. I am taking pre-workout supplement - Nitrous Oxide. I heard that this is not good for me but I want to take some pre-workout supplement. Wha...  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. That is a very good question.You are right. The supplements which you are taking are not good for you when you have hypothyroidism. It can have adverse effects in the long run. I understand you require a pre-workout supplement for the strenuous exercise you do. WHEY PROTE...  Read Full »

I am 5 feet tall with underweight 40 kg. How can I gain weight?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23-year-old male and am just 5 feet tall with underweight (40 kg) and till now I did not consult any doctor. So, kindly assist me to gain weight.  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To gain weight in a healthy way, you need to build muscle; I advise you to indulge in regular physical activity and a healthy diet pattern. For a healthy diet, do not start eating oily food or junk food to gain weight, because that would only lead to a gain in fat a...  Read Full »

I am a vegetarian. I would like to gain weight without any side effects. Please help.
Query: Hello Doctor, I am a  26 year old male. I would like to gain weight without any side effects. My height is 164cm and my weight is 54kg. I am a vegetarian and I do not take eggs. I am a software engineer and my work does not involve much physical movement. Please suggest me a suitable diet plan and ...  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, It is very important to gain weight in a healthy way (i.e, gaining muscle and not fat). For this, both diet and exercise play a major role. DIET: Include a lot of protein in your diet in the form of nuts, seeds and sprouts. Protein drinks like Protinex are also helpful. Instead of 3 major mea...  Read Full »

I am 6 feet tall with 95 kg. How can I lose weight?
Query: Hello doctor, My height is 6 feet 1 inch, and weight is 95 kg. My TSH level is 16 and T3, T4 levels are normal. I want to lose weight. Please tell me how much carbohydrates and protein I need to take. I just started exercise couple of days ago. Can I take Whey protein?  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, it appears that you have hypothyroidism, dyslipidemia and raised liver enzymes.Firstly, you must take tablet Thyronorm (Levothyroxine sodium) 75 mcg once daily early morning on waking up and then avoid eating a...  Read Full »

Can Nutrigain powder be used to gain weight and build muscles?
Query: Hi Doctor, I am a 23 year old guy. My height is 165 cm and weight is 56 kg. I want to gain weight and build muscles too. Even though, I did some exercise and taking healthy foods, it makes my muscles to be tight but it doesn't show up any sign of enlarging or building up. I heard about an Ayurved...  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, About Nutrigain: Nutrigain is an ayurvedic supplement which is manufactured and distributed by ayurwin pharmacy.  The chief ingredients present in this preparation are Ashwagandha and Shatavari. Research works have claimed that both these are very much helpful in gaining weight.  The pr...  Read Full »

Shall I take supplements to reduce fat and build muscle?
Query: Hi doctor,I am a professional stunt rider. I like to build muscle and reduce belly fat. Currently I am taking whey protein, BCAA, creatine, and Hydroxycut fat burner. Are these type of supplements safe? Will they give any side effects? My height is 173 cm, and weight is 75.8 kg.  Read Full »
Dr. Sanchari Majumder Majumder
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you take supplement alone without doing any exercise, then it can cause the following problems. Digestive problem. May decrease liver function. May cause muscle damage. Sexual problem like decreased sex desire and premature ejaculation. Hormonal problem like anxiety, d...  Read Full »

Why High-Protein Diets Are Bad for You
Article Overview: This article discusses the ill effects of high-protein diet on your health.  Read Article »
Dr. Vidhi Hareshbhai Talati
Dietician

The adult protein requirement is 0.8 to 1.8 g/kg. High-protein diet refers to the intake of more than 60 g of protein per day or more than 30 % of total calorie intake of protein source. Some high-protein foods are soy protein isolate, boiled green soybeans, whey protein isolate, peanuts, steak, chi ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Whey Protein? We have medical experts to help you right away.