Whey Protein Powder

Related Terms: Protein Powder, Protein Rich Diet, Diet Chart, Diet Plan, Gain Weight, Protein Source, Whey Protein

I want to gain weight and build muscles. Can I use nutrigain powder?
Query: Hi Doctor, I am a 23 year old guy. My height is 165 cm and weight is 56 kg. I want to gain weight and build muscles too. Even though, I did some exercise and taking healthy foods, it makes my muscles to be tight but it doesn't show up any sign of enlarging or building up. I heard about an Ayurved...  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, About Nutrigain: Nutrigain is an ayurvedic supplement which is manufactured and distributed by ayurwin pharmacy.  The chief ingredients present in this preparation are Ashwagandha and Shatavari. Research works have claimed that both these are very much helpful in gaining weight.  The pr...  Read Full »

How to get my acne scars removed?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. My height is 158 cm and my weight is 50 kg. I have severe acne scars on my face, back, lower back and below the neck. I have pimples on my face. I am using Benzoyl peroxide for the same. I have attached my photos here. My problems also include hair fall, thinnin...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Benzoyl peroxide will not work on your acne as you are having grade 4 acne (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You need to start Isotretinoin immediately. Let me know your marital status, because you should not get pregnant while on Isotretinoin and at least...  Read Full »

What are the ways to remove acne scars?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. My weight is 50 kg and my height is 158 cm. I have severe acne scars on face, back, lower back, below the neck and pimples on face. Even after using Benzoyl peroxide there is no change. I have oily skin. I use to get severe menstrual pain up to 3 or 4 days and for which...  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For acne, take a course of tablet Azithromycin 500 mg daily on three consecutive days in a week for four to six weeks and continue with Benzoyl peroxide 2.5 percent gel on the pimples in the morning and Adapalene gel at night on the pimples. As far as scars are concern...  Read Full »

Protein Supplements - Types and Need
Article Overview: The indiscriminate use of protein supplements can do more harm than good. This article aims to increase awareness about various types of protein supplements and who will benefit by taking them.  Read Article »
Dr. Vishal Wadi
Nutritionist

What are Protein Supplements? Protein supplements are concentrated forms of protein that are isolated from food sources. All protein-rich foods contain carbohydrates and fats along with protein. Hence whole foods do not provide lean protein. Who should take Protein Supplements? Those who have h ...  Read Article »

Are my symptoms due to protein toxicity?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a protein shake for three weeks, around five scoops a day. Since then I get a pulsation in my buttocks and legs. This also causes dizziness most of the time. If I eat too much this problem gets worse. Drinking a lot of water helps but it is not sorting out the problem. I was advised...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep V Nair
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through your question I feel that you are really worried about the ill effects of protein shake. Let me assure you that a protein shake is perfectly safe even if you have taken in large quantities as mentioned. The fact that even after three weeks it has no...  Read Full »

After working out, is it safe to have protein shake?
Query: Hi doctor, I started gym a few days ago. Can I take protein shake (whey protein) after my workout? Is it safe? I do not have any known food allergies. I have attached my anthropometry chart with BMI. I heard that protein will make the person unhealthy after stopping it. Is it true? Please suggest.  Read Full »
Dr. Swapan Banerjee
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I must say that as per your height and weight your BMI (body mass index) is fine. Now you should start taking good quality foods enriched with protein. Once you are taking whey protein, it is like one-sided food. As you need more energy to do a workout, it...  Read Full »

My gym trainer is asking me to start whey protein.Do they have any side effects?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 year old male. I weigh 90 kg and my height is 5'12". I actually started going to gym 3 months back and my trainer is asking me to start whey protein. I just bought one. Now my queries are: Are they safe to consume? Do they have any side effects? I do workout not very intensely...  Read Full »
Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Till now there are no side effects encountered for whey protein. It is better to take with water on empty stomach, half an hour before food. Whey protein will help to replace your body fat with muscle. You can gradually stop whey protein after few months. But it ...  Read Full »

Hypothyroid patient. Suggest any pre-workout supplement other than Nitrous Oxide.
Query: Dear Doctor, I have hypothyroidism. My TSH level is higher than the normal range. T3 and T4 are fine. I go to the gym regularly and like to lift heavy weights. I am taking pre-workout supplement - Nitrous Oxide. I heard that this is not good for me but I want to take some pre-workout supplement. Wha...  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. That is a very good question.You are right. The supplements which you are taking are not good for you when you have hypothyroidism. It can have adverse effects in the long run. I understand you require a pre-workout supplement for the strenuous exercise you do. WHEY PROTE...  Read Full »

How to pick the best protein powder for me?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old male. My body weight is not proportionate to my age and height. Please let me know the proportion that has to be noticed while selecting the best protein powder to gain weight?  Read Full »
Dr. Shilpi Rajnish Gupta
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would suggest you the following proportion to keep in mind while selecting a protein powder: Low fat (1 to 5 grams is good). Low carbohydrate (1 to 5 grams is good). High protein (normally about 20 to 30 grams per serving). Go for concentrate powders - that is ...  Read Full »

I am a vegetarian. I would like to gain weight without any side effects. Please help.
Query: Hello Doctor, I am a  26 year old male. I would like to gain weight without any side effects. My height is 164cm and my weight is 54kg. I am a vegetarian and I do not take eggs. I am a software engineer and my work does not involve much physical movement. Please suggest me a suitable diet plan and ...  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, It is very important to gain weight in a healthy way (i.e, gaining muscle and not fat). For this, both diet and exercise play a major role. DIET: Include a lot of protein in your diet in the form of nuts, seeds and sprouts. Protein drinks like Protinex are also helpful. Instead of 3 major mea...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Whey Protein Powder? We have medical experts to help you right away.