Yoga

Related Terms: Meditation, Stress, Exercises, Anxiety, Reduce Weight, Sleep Hygeine, Pranayama

Yoga and its Health Benefits

Article Overview: This article discusses in detail about yoga, which is becoming prominent in medical field because of its beneficial results for various ailments. It has become evident with research as well as clinical observation. It is a safe, economical and easy way of life which can be adopted even by geriatric population.
Dr. Vinod Kumar
Yoga Specialist

Yoga is an ancient Indian science which has gained prominence in the medical field in the last 20 years. Reason for this popularity is, accumulating research evidence and testimonials from patients regarding health benefits. According to Sage Patanjali, who is the author of the yoga text “Pata ...  Read Full »

Yoga Poses To Manage Diabetes

Article Overview: Diabetes, a life style disorder, is affecting 6.4% population of the world. Not only the developed countries, but also the developing countries are significantly affected by it. There are various treatment approaches for managing diabetes which has been successful to certain extent. But still, prevalence of this disease is increasing and age of onset of disease is found to be decreasing. This is going to affect world's health and economy badly. Yoga, a traditional science from India, has proved its efficacy in various researches done so far. This article focuses on the role of yoga for diabetics.
Dr. Vinod Kumar
Yoga Specialist

Diabetes mellitus is a life style associated disorder which is characterized by increased levels of blood sugar. Diagnosis of diabetes is not a temporary phenomenon but an event which affects an individual for the rest of life. Population of type 2 diabetes mellitus is on rise continuously. In 2010, ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, What are the health benefits and trends for yoga for senior citizens? Are there studios that have classes or professionals that cater to this demographic? Why choose yoga over other forms of fitness and stretching?  Read Full »
Dr. Vinod Kumar Goyal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yoga is of two types. One for physical exercises called asanas and the second one is meditational yoga. Both have tremendous benefits for life and health. Physical yoga regulates body glands, hormones and cures many diseases of the body. For different persons and condit...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, Please suggest me the yoga names to improve blood flow to the testicles. I have weak erections, watery semen, and loss of libido. I am taking Pantogem DSR for indigestion and Stalopam plus for stress. My local doctor prescribed these medicines.  Read Full »
Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Continue with the prescribed medication. Along with that meditation, exercises, and yoga can help improve your condition. Deep breathing, inhalation through nose and exhalation through the mouth, improves blood circulation. Suryanamaskar is the most efficient form ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi, How to cure "hard breath" while performing activity? Give me some tips in yoga.  Read Full »
Dr. Vinod Kumar
Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not very clear from your mail what exactly you mean by "hard breath". I consider it as "difficulty in breathing" and my answer is based on difficulty in breathing. Difficulty in breathing is a non-specific symptom and can be due to wide variety of reasons. As ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old unmarried male. My weight is 70 kg and my height is 5'7". Recently, I checked my BP and it was 150/100 mmHg. Please suggest some medicine to reduce my BP. Shall I follow yoga or pranayama for lowering my BP? What all foods should I take and avoid?  Read Full »
Dr. Santhosh M D
Ayurveda Specialist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  When you adopt ayurveda lifestyle and yoga practices, it will cure the condition without any doubt.  Avoid salt intake and spicy food as much as possible. Avoid fast food, deep fried foods and preservatives. Eat more fresh vegetables and drink three liters of water da...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old obese boy. My weight is 110 kg and I feel myself unfit. I want to start practicing yoga for weight loss. But, I do not know anything about yoga. I want to know, how to meditate and relax our body and mind?  Read Full »
Dr. Omnath Alvoor
Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the data your weight is too high for an individual. You need to rebuild your lifestyle by giving time to exercise and yogic techniques. Especially fast rounds of suryanamaskara will help you with your problems. Start slowly and day by day increase the speed of prac...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have done inversion method in yoga for the last six days. Now, I have got pain in head and eyes. What can I do now?  Read Full »
Dr. Santhosh M D
Ayurveda Specialist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All kind of yoga postures are not recommended for everyone. Beginners should never try tough postures. Always remember that yoga is not just performing tough postures. Definition of yoga posture says that sthira sukham asana. That means asana is the posture by which you f...  Read Full »

Dr.Manish Srivastava

... ... …

Read Full »

Dr.Vinod Kumar

... ... …

Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Yoga? We have medical experts to help you right away.