Zincovit

Related Terms: Multivitamin, Folic Acid, Diarrhea, Methylcobalamine, Vitamin Supplements, Ambroxol Hydrochloride, Breathing Exercises

Can Vitcofol be given along with syrup Zincovit to 1-year-old baby?
Query: Hello doctor,Is there any problem if syrup Vitcofol is given along with syrup Zincovit to 1-year-old baby?  Read Full »
Dr. Samreen A Urooj
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no harm in giving these both medications because both of them have a different mode of action but the important point to consider is that try to give one medicine at lunchtime and another one at dinner. Do not give them at the same time. These two medicines ...  Read Full »

Please tell me some remedies for chickenpox.
Query: Hello doctor, I have chickenpox, and the blisters are big. What should I eat, and what should I avoid eating? And please tell me some remedies.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashish Agrawal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should consult a nearby physician to confirm the diagnosis of chickenpox. I suggest you try the following. Tablet Acyclovir 800 mg, thrice daily for 14 days. Apply ointment Acyclovir on the blister for seven days. Syrup Zincovit (Multivitamin) 5 ml for ...  Read Full »

Why do I feel weak while sitting and working?
Query: Hi doctor, From past few days, I feel very weak while sitting and working. I do not feel energetic, and most of the time I feel sleepy and lazy. I have a little pain in the body, so I am not able to concentrate properly on anything. My blood pressure is 119/72 mmHg, and pulse is 72. I even have pa...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are various causes like thyroid problems, anemia, vitamin deficiency especially vitamin D and even psychological issues which are the most common. You should get hemoglobin levels, thyroid function test, and vitamin D levels checked. I suggest you try doing t...  Read Full »

My two year old daughter has horizontal stripes on her nails. What could be the cause?
Query: Hello doctor, My two year old daughter is generally healthy. But, today I noticed some horizontal lines on her toenails. I am sending a picture of the same. Could it be a serious problem?  Read Full »
Dr. Sirisha
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and understand your concern. Horizontal lines on the nails could be commonly due to a vitamin deficiency or a fungal infection of the nail. Try to give your child a nutritious diet. You can s...  Read Full »

How can typhoid be cured?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 70 years old and was diagnosed with typhoid and was given Ceftas 200 TDS for 21 days and Argex 500 OD for seven days. The Widal test showed typhi O: 1:160, typhi H: 1:160, typhi AH: 1:80 and typhi BH: 1:40 after 10 days of treatment. The treatment was continued as above and...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I guess, she is not having a fever now. If fever has settled down then it means all bacterias are killed. These test may remain positive for some time or may be lifelong, so, not to chase the reports. Weakness will be there for few weeks. She should have a healthy di...  Read Full »

Is Quinine safe in liver cirrhosis patient with low platelets?
Query: Hello doctor,My husband has an advanced stage liver cirrhosis and gets muscle cramps in legs from time to time, at night time or when he wakes up in the morning. Other patients with similar issues recommend drinking tonic water that contains Quinine or taking Calcium Magnesium supplements. He has ve...  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cramps happen in cirrhotics due to nutritional insufficiency, mineral deficiency, mainly calcium and magnesium. My suggestions would be: Calcerol sachet (Vitamin D3 60000) once weekly for six weeks. Tablet Magnical (Magnesium with Calcium) twice daily for a month to...  Read Full »

What are the black dots on the tongue of a 6 year old kid?
Query: Hello doctor,My daughter is 6 years old. About 10 to 11 months back we saw a very very small dark black colored dot on her side of the tongue. But now there are 4 to 5 similar sized dot around her tongue on both sides. The size has not grown. But it is just that new location has emerged. Lately she ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sunil Kothiwala

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for providing good quality images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are hyperpigmented macules. Most of the time these are asymptomatic. The cause can be hereditary or acquired (nutritional or poor hygiene or local trauma-thermal or mechanic...  Read Full »

Can cancer recur within six months of operation?
Query: Hello doctor, My brother-in-law gone through CA tongue right side operation followed by radiation and chemotherapy before six months. From last two weeks, he is getting pain on the left side of the tongue and we consulted the doctor again. Doctor said that there is no possibility for further operati...  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that your brother-in-law has undergone treatment for tongue cancer. Radiation so soon after previous radiation therapy is not advisable. The doctor's opinion is correct. This looks like a very aggressive tumor. We can try chemotherapy, but we cannot be sure o...  Read Full »

A few reddish spots have developed on my baby's head. Are they harmful?
Query: Hi doctor, My baby boy, who is 8 months 14 days old. His weight is 7.6 kg and height is 27 inches. He is taking Arbivit-3 and Zincovit drops daily according to the doctor's advice. Are his weight and height fine? From few days, there are some reddish spots developed on his head and in some parts of...  Read Full »
Dr. Navreet Sharda
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son's weight and height are in normal range, but it is definitely towards lower side. I expect his weight to be between 2 to 3 kg at the time of birth. He need close monitoring as far as growth is concerned. If he is gaining weight adequately in the next coming mont...  Read Full »

Are my symptoms after effects of viral gastroenteritis?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old female. About 20 days back, my history was this: I had diarrhea for two days (thrice a day). I had a low-grade fever too during those two days. I managed to carry it over with natural supplements. But it did not subside. The next day, it worsened with watery stools ...  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is always better to avoid regular use of Dulcolax (Bisacodyl). Your symptoms now are secondary to after effects of a severe diarrheal episode. This is self-limiting. You need to give time. Tiredness is mainly because of the nutritional inadequacy as well as dehydrat...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Zincovit? We have medical experts to help you right away.