Q. What are the expected side effects of Simvastatin?

Dr. Isaac Gana
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 03, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 09, 2021

I am taking Amlodipine 2.5 mg and my doctor prescribed Simvastatin 40 mg. When I picked up the medication the pharmacist warned me of a major interaction. The doctor told me to take the medication anyway because I was able to tolerate Pravastatin, which I was on previously. I had also been on Lipitor and Crestor previously, but both gave me muscle aches. Although my cholesterol levels have been fine on Pravastatin, my doctor wanted to be more aggressive about my treatment. I am confused as to whether take the Simvastatin or insist on something else. Kindly help.

#

• If you are getting major side effects from Simvastatin like palpitations, dizziness or fainting, then you might have to stop and approach your physician for another option.
  • Most of these drugs have side effects, and you just have to choose which you can tolerate best.

For further information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|