Q. Please tell me some good medicine for having healthy weight and body.

Dr. Muhammad Aadil

I am 17 years old. I understand things late, and my medicines are going on. Please tell me some good medicine or syrup for having healthy weight and body.

Do you have a question on Medicine To Gain Weight or Diet & Lifestyle?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Muhammad Aadil

MBBS
Family Physician General Practitioner

A healthy body has a healthy mind. To have a better brain function, you should have a healthy body. You are quite young with no other medical conditions. Instead of resorting to medicines, I recommend you improve your diet. It should be wholesome, with a well-balanced diet. It should include a good mix of carbs, proteins, and fats. You can take help from an expert nutritionist.

In addition to a good diet, you should have a proper blood circulation in the body. For that, you should follow a good workout routine. Have a 30 to 40 minutes exercise daily. You have to check your Vitamin B12, and TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) levels to make sure that there are no deficiencies. You can take a good multivitamin supplement.

Preventing Constipation Naturally
Article Overview: Constipation is often caused owing to a faulty diet, irregular lifestyle and also mental stress that is best avoided or prevented naturally.  Read Article »
Dr. Pritam Mohapatra
General Medicine Physician

Follow these steps and stay away from constipation: Eat a simple and natural plant based diet consisting mostly of whole grain cereals, leafy greens and fresh fruits/ dry fruits including mango, grapes, papaya, tomato, cucumber, pears, guava, gooseberry, fig, apple, raisins, etc. At the same time ...  Read Article »

Can I take Practin and Decdan to gain weight?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old female. My height is 5 feet 3 inches and I weigh 41 kg. I need to put on weight. I have fast metabolism. Can I take Practin and Decdan tablets? It is suggested by one of my friend. Thank you.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The tablets Practin (Cyproheptadine hydrochloride) and Decdan (Dexamethasone) would just add water retention in the body and not increase the muscle mass. So once you leave it, your body shall return back to low weight itself. So, Practin and Decdan are not recommende...  Read Full »

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full »
Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. Cervical length needs to be checked again at 24 weeks for further advice. In general, twin pregnancy has a tendency for preterm labor. Your focus right now should be on preventing preterm labor rather than normal delivery. For normal delivery to happen, you do not need t...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now