Medicine To Lose Weight

Are fat burner supplements advised in ankylosing spondylitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having pain in the spine. I am taking painkillers, calcium tablets and doing exercise. I have done my HLA B27 test. Can a person suffering from ankylosing spondylitis take fat burner supplements to reduce weight? Would it have any adverse effects?  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no study directly correlating fat burner supplements and their possible effects in patients with ankylosing spondylitis. Fat burner supplements often contain caffeine which reduces fat by increasing your metabolic rate. Caffeine also has an untoward effect i...  Read Full »

Will Duromine be effective in weight reduction?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been struggling a lot with my weight for the last two years. I consulted a dietician a few months ago, I have been on a balanced, calorie-controlled diet and I have also joined the gym. I am on a quest for a healthy balanced lifestyle. However, I am really struggling to get som...  Read Full »

Dr. Philile Donna Bongekile Hlengwa

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear that you have struggled so much with losing weight and have started to feel depressed from it. I must, however, commend you on the great work you have done so far, trying to take control of your health and owning a more balanced future. I have reca...  Read Full »

Is Garcinia Cambogia a good slimming product? Can you suggest low carb diet chart ?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old female. My height is 166 cm and I weigh 77 kg. Actually, I used to take less food only. But, I do not know, how I am getting obese. One of my friend said that Garcinia cambogia is a good slimming product. So, before using that, I thought of consulting a dietician. If...  Read Full »

Dr. Manidipa Dey

Dietician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to have low calorie, low carbohydrate and high protein balanced diet chart for your weight loss. According to your height, your ideal body weight should be 63-65 kg. Diet and exercise both are important for the weight loss program. Exercise regularly. Do n...  Read Full »

What is the dosage for Calcarea Carbonica for weight loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I want to start using Dr Reckeweg’s Calcarea Carbonica 200 mg and Dr Reckeweg’s Rhus Tox for weight loss and elbow/back pain respectively. Can you please suggest dosage instructions for Calcarea Carbonica and any precautions while taking this medicine? How long will I need to take thi...  Read Full »

Dr. Shilpa Sharma

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, weight loss is a very gradual process and the treatment includes management of diet, a regular exercise regime and in the end medicine. Many of the patients achieve desired results with strict diet and lifestyle modifications. Homoeopathic treatment for weight lo...  Read Full »

Can I take Clenbuterol for asthma?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 33 years old. My height is 176 cm and I weigh 77 kg. I started hitting gym a month back. I am into 1 hour daily workout, which include both aerobic and anaerobic exercises.  As per the BMI report, I was informed to keep my weight under 67-72 kg. Recently my gym trainer informed me...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The drug you have mentioned is a beta2-adrenergic agonist and it can cause bronchodilation in asthmatics and can also burn fat. It has other side effects also such as it can cause tremors, increased heart rate, high blood pressure, muscle cramps and can also alter pota...  Read Full »

Can L-Carnitine be used to reduce weight?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old male. My weight is 84 kg. I am unable to lose fat despite proper diet and exercise. Can I use L-Carnitine supplement?  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Rathee

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I am sorry to inform you that it is a myth that L-Carnitine reduces weight by burning fat. I know that you can easily find thousands of websites on the internet which claims that consuming their energy drinks and supplements containing L-Carnitine will burn out ex...  Read Full »

Can I take Orlistat for weight loss if I have PCOS?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old female. I weigh 49 kg. My height is 140 cm and my BMI is 25. I am getting married in a few months and need to shed a few pounds. I took Orlistat 60 mg capsules after breakfast and lunch. I bought it over the counter without a prescription. The same evening, I had co...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need not take this drug to reduce weight. I would recommend you to stop this drug. An oily stool is normal with the medication you had taken. If you are already a diagnosed case of PCOS, consult a gynaecologist online and get it treated. PCOS is a cause for ove...  Read Full »

Would it be dangerous to take Cardarine while on Nardil?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently on 90 mg of Nardil (Phenelzine), which has proven to be a miracle drug for me. I have found over the years that many drugs you are supposed to avoid while on MAOIs are really acceptable. For instance, in order to counteract the daytime sleepiness side effect, I am actu...  Read Full »

Dr. Danish Qureshi

Pharmacologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Yes, you are right. Bupropion is contraindicated with MAO inhibitors (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) as it may cause seizures. Daytime sleepiness is very hard to avoid, but you may try some natural stimulants like green tea and if needed you c...  Read Full »

Does Orlistat help in losing weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an unmarried 23 year old female. My height and weight are 5'6" and 105 kg respectively. Till now I do not have any medical issue. From childhood, I am a bit fat. So I would like to know, is there any tablet which can help me lose weight along with diet? I heard that Xenical (Orlista...  Read Full »

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case in detail. First of all Orlistat (Xenical) is a drug which may be useful for you. But, initially I would recommend you to go under natural treatment better to say meal planning or proper diet chart. Pills have lot of side effects like mainly...  Read Full »

Can I take fat burner to lose weight?

Query: Hello doctor, I am quite overweight and my weight is 102 kg. My height is 5 feet and 7 inches. I am trying to lose weight and started going to gym. My coach says that I should take a fat burner for eight weeks. Is it fine to take that? I have fatty liver and some fibrosis also due to extra weight. C...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Mind my words that for weight loss other than exercise and right diet nothing works. The supplement you are taking is just fancy and is not going to help you. If you do exercises, then you may discuss with your doctor to prescribe you Orlista...  Read Full »