Q. Is Garcinia Cambogia a good slimming product? Can you suggest low carb diet chart ?

Dr. Manidipa Dey
Published on Jul 02, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 11, 2019

I am a 20 year old female. My height is 166 cm and I weigh 77 kg. Actually, I used to take less food only. But, I do not know, how I am getting obese.

One of my friend said that Garcinia cambogia is a good slimming product. So, before using that, I thought of consulting a dietician.

If it is not going to be helpful, then can you suggest other alternative medicine? Thank you.

Dr. Manidipa Dey

Dietician Nutritionist
#

You need to have low calorie, low carbohydrate and high protein balanced diet chart for your weight loss.

According to your height, your ideal body weight should be 63-65 kg. Diet and exercise both are important for the weight loss program.

Exercise regularly. Do not give any meal gaping. Meal gaping is one of the reason for your weight gain. Maintain the intake of the foods mentioned in the diet chart. Please share the result after 20 days or a month.

If you have any previous or recent medical report for example thyroid, etc., then do share with me. According to the result, I will do some modification in the diet chart again.

Garcinia Cambogia or any kind of slimming product or health supplement will not work properly without a balanced diet and proper physical exercise.

It is always better to reduce weight by a balanced diet chart to remain fit and healthy.

The following diet chart is suitable for you with standard meal timings. Please follow it properly.

1. Wake up time : 7 AM.
  2. 7.15 AM : Take soaked almonds 4-5 pieces (overnight soaked, regularly).
  3. 7.25 AM : Have half cup sprouts (green moong and chana, soaked overnight and dried).
  4. 7.30 AM : Do physical activity such as brisk walking for 20- 25 minutes.
  5. 8.00 AM: Have 1 cup of green tea.
  6. 8.15 AM : Cornflakes or oats- 1/2 bowl, one cup toned milk (200 mL), one bowl green salad (either of these can be tried cucumber, tomato, onion and carrot).
  7. 12.00 PM : Drink 1 cup of butter milk (200 mL).
  8. 2.00 PM : For lunch, take either of these, 3 rotis or 1 cup rice along with 1 bowl mixed vegetable curry plus dal or soya nugget curry one bowl or salad 1 bowl plus 1 cup curd.
  9. 5.00 PM : Have fruit salad (apple, pomegranate, guava, orange, grapes, watermelon, etc.,) or 200 to 250 g of whole fruit (avoid banana, mango and sapodilla).
  10. 7.00 PM : Take roasted rice flakes or roasted choley - 1/2 cup plus 1 cup green tea and 1 cream cracker biscuit.
  11. 9.00 PM : Have 1 bowl mixed vegetable soup, 2-3 rotis along with 1 bowl green salad. Along with this, have one bowl mixed vegetable curry, 1 bowl dal and paneer curry one bowl.
  12. 11 PM : Bed-time.
  • Water intake : 3-4 liters a day. Oil Intake: 20-25 mL per day.
  • Non-vegetarian foods : Chicken or fish or egg white as suggested. Avoid junk food, table salt, fried food, potato, cake, pastry, sweets and meal gaping.
  • Brisk walking, free hand exercise, exercise for abdomen and yoga are suggested.

Revert back after a month to a dietician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dietician

I am living in hostel and I will not have that much food. Morning I used to have paratha, afternoon roti and night I will not have anything.

Sometimes, I used to have egg. What should I do? Is there any other diet plan?

Dr. Manidipa Dey

Dietician Nutritionist
#

Try to take food mentioned in the diet chart as much as possible.

Avoid meal gaping as it can lead to weight gain and do not take fried food like paratha every day.

Instead of whole egg, you can have egg white daily.

You can also modify the timings of the diet according to your work schedule.

For further information consult a dietician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dietician

How to reduce weight through yoga?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old obese boy. My weight is 110 kg and I feel myself unfit. I want to start practicing yoga for weight loss. But, I do not know anything about yoga. I want to know, how to meditate and relax our body and mind?  Read Full >>

Dr. Omnath Alvoor
Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the data your weight is too high for an individual. You need to rebuild your lifestyle by giving time to exercise and yogic techniques. Especially fast rounds of suryanamaskara will help you with your problems. Start slowly and day by day increase the speed of prac...  Read Full

Penis enlargement exercises led to swollen veins on my shaft. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a healthy 33 year old male. I have sex regularly and masturbate regularly. Over the years, I dabbled in penis enlargement exercises. I quit doing them a while back because I felt it was causing a damage to the penis. Recently, I used a cock ring, but for not more than ten minute...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If there is a pain of veins, especially when you touch them, or any signs of inflammation, only then it is a thrombophlebitis of veins. In your case, it could be thrombophlebitis, but...  Read Full

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full >>

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. Cervical length needs to be checked again at 24 weeks for further advice. In general, twin pregnancy has a tendency for preterm labor. Your focus right now should be on preventing preterm labor rather than normal delivery. For normal delivery to happen, you do not need t...  Read Full

Ask a Dietician Now