Q. Is Garcinia Cambogia a good slimming product? Can you suggest low carb diet chart ?

Dr. Manidipa Dey
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 02, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 11, 2019

I am a 20 year old female. My height is 166 cm and I weigh 77 kg. Actually, I used to take less food only. But, I do not know, how I am getting obese.

One of my friend said that Garcinia cambogia is a good slimming product. So, before using that, I thought of consulting a dietician.

If it is not going to be helpful, then can you suggest other alternative medicine? Thank you.

#

You need to have low calorie, low carbohydrate and high protein balanced diet chart for your weight loss.

According to your height, your ideal body weight should be 63-65 kg. Diet and exercise both are important for the weight loss program.

Exercise regularly. Do not give any meal gaping. Meal gaping is one of the reason for your weight gain. Maintain the intake of the foods mentioned in the diet chart. Please share the result after 20 days or a month.

If you have any previous or recent medical report for example thyroid, etc., then do share with me. According to the result, I will do some modification in the diet chart again.

Garcinia Cambogia or any kind of slimming product or health supplement will not work properly without a balanced diet and proper physical exercise.

It is always better to reduce weight by a balanced diet chart to remain fit and healthy.

The following diet chart is suitable for you with standard meal timings. Please follow it properly.

1. Wake up time : 7 AM.
  2. 7.15 AM : Take soaked almonds 4-5 pieces (overnight soaked, regularly).
  3. 7.25 AM : Have half cup sprouts (green moong and chana, soaked overnight and dried).
  4. 7.30 AM : Do physical activity such as brisk walking for 20- 25 minutes.
  5. 8.00 AM: Have 1 cup of green tea.
  6. 8.15 AM : Cornflakes or oats- 1/2 bowl, one cup toned milk (200 mL), one bowl green salad (either of these can be tried cucumber, tomato, onion and carrot).
  7. 12.00 PM : Drink 1 cup of butter milk (200 mL).
  8. 2.00 PM : For lunch, take either of these, 3 rotis or 1 cup rice along with 1 bowl mixed vegetable curry plus dal or soya nugget curry one bowl or salad 1 bowl plus 1 cup curd.
  9. 5.00 PM : Have fruit salad (apple, pomegranate, guava, orange, grapes, watermelon, etc.,) or 200 to 250 g of whole fruit (avoid banana, mango and sapodilla).
  10. 7.00 PM : Take roasted rice flakes or roasted choley - 1/2 cup plus 1 cup green tea and 1 cream cracker biscuit.
  11. 9.00 PM : Have 1 bowl mixed vegetable soup, 2-3 rotis along with 1 bowl green salad. Along with this, have one bowl mixed vegetable curry, 1 bowl dal and paneer curry one bowl.
  12. 11 PM : Bed-time.
  • Water intake : 3-4 liters a day. Oil Intake: 20-25 mL per day.
  • Non-vegetarian foods : Chicken or fish or egg white as suggested. Avoid junk food, table salt, fried food, potato, cake, pastry, sweets and meal gaping.
  • Brisk walking, free hand exercise, exercise for abdomen and yoga are suggested.

Revert back after a month to a dietician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dietician

I am living in hostel and I will not have that much food. Morning I used to have paratha, afternoon roti and night I will not have anything.

Sometimes, I used to have egg. What should I do? Is there any other diet plan?

#

Try to take food mentioned in the diet chart as much as possible.

Avoid meal gaping as it can lead to weight gain and do not take fried food like paratha every day.

Instead of whole egg, you can have egg white daily.

You can also modify the timings of the diet according to your work schedule.

For further information consult a dietician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dietician

|