Q. Kindly explain about the health benefits of Mediterranean diet.

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 12, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 14, 2019

In a few sentences, what is the Mediterranean diet? What food categories are typically eaten on the Mediterranean diet? In a few sentences, what health benefits come from the Mediterranean diet? And anything else you would like to add.

#

It is way back to our ancient times we are in diet emphasis on eating a primarily plant-based diet like fruits, vegetables, legumes, grains, and nuts replacing butter with Olive oil using herbs and spices instead of salt. A vegetarian-based, fish and poultry food diet are typically found if you look food pyramid. It has a great impact overall with weight reduction, heart-healthy diet as well to manage HTN (hypertension) and cholesterol.

|