Q. Kindly explain about the health benefits of Mediterranean diet.

Dr.
Published on Aug 12, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 14, 2019

In a few sentences, what is the Mediterranean diet? What food categories are typically eaten on the Mediterranean diet? In a few sentences, what health benefits come from the Mediterranean diet? And anything else you would like to add.

#

It is way back to our ancient times we are in diet emphasis on eating a primarily plant-based diet like fruits, vegetables, legumes, grains, and nuts replacing butter with Olive oil using herbs and spices instead of salt. A vegetarian-based, fish and poultry food diet are typically found if you look food pyramid. It has a great impact overall with weight reduction, heart-healthy diet as well to manage HTN (hypertension) and cholesterol.

I have constipation and a burning sensation in the anus. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a dental student doing my internship. I am suffering from constipation from the past one week. I have a burning sensation in the anal region which I am unable to tolerate. Sometimes, there is severe itching and pain as well. I stay in the hostel. So, can you suggest me some tips...  Read Full »

What diet can be followed to help lower cholesterol?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a high borderline cholesterol. Can you suggest me a diet chart? I have attached reports herewith.  Read Full »

Hypertension and Skipping Anti-Hypertensive Pills - A Small Step Towards a Big Mistake

Article Overview: This article tells about the misconceptions prevalent among people against having anti-hypertensive pills.  Read Article

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Blood Pressure and Symptoms - A Gist : Blood pressure is basically the pressure faced by the walls of the blood vessels when the blood is ejected from the heart with a level of force. Under normal circumstances this force is essential for the blood to circulate well in the body. Raised blood pressur...  Read Article

Ask a Dietician Now