Q. Are there any natural ways to treat open pores and melasma?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

I had flawless skin until I got pregnant with my fourth child. I now have enlarged pores on my cheeks and top of my lips. I have tried exfoliating and other procedures, but nothing seems to help. I also developed melasma, and I have to wear makeup to cover it. It is making my pores look terrible. Are there any natural ways to improve this?

#

Melasma and pores develop due to hormonal changes after pregnancy. It can also be due to consumption of oily and spicy fried junk foods. Sometimes, oral contraceptive pills and corticosteroids also cause those symptoms.

Anxiety and stress can also cause melasma. But do not worry, it can be managed through ayurvedic medicines and yoga.

1. Nimba leaves decoction for washing your face twice a day.
  2. Aloe vera gel twice a day for external application.
  3. Mahamanjisthadi Kwath 15 ml, twice daily before food.
  4. Shalmali powder paste application twice a day.

All these medicines are ayurvedic and have very good results. Along with the medicines, I suggest you do the following:

1. Avoid spicy and fried junk foods.
  2. Drink plenty of water.
  3. Avoid using different kinds of cosmetics.
  4. Eat plenty of green and leafy vegetables.
  5. Minimizing the stress and anxiety associated with the problem and do meditation to relax.
  6. Do not pick or squeeze the pimples as this causes infection, pigmentation, and scarring.

For more information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|