Q. I find difficulty in memorizing new things. Please help.

Dr. Hardik Tusharkant Bambhania
Published on Apr 22, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 25, 2019

I am 23 years old. I find it difficult to memorize new things. For example, I did not remember the topics discussed in last class. I even find difficulty in explaining the movie that I watched recently. Please help.

Dr. Hardik Tusharkant Bambhania

Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy
#

• The function of memory by brain is an integral part of our existence. Memory is affected by various factors. Our physical health, mental health and nutrition play important roles.
  • When it comes to nutrition, we may be eating a lot, but it often happens that we neglect the nutritional values of various foods.
  • If you are a vegetarian, it will help to include green leafy vegetables, various other colorful vegetables and fresh dairy items like milk, curd and butter.
  • Vitamin B12 is important for good memory. Thus, I will suggest you to take capsule Becosules-Z, one capsule at bedtime for 15 days. Along with this, you must include the suggested diet changes mentioned above.
  • In times of stress, it can happen that we find it difficult to remember and recall. Hence, it will be helpful to keep stress at bay. To do this, you may meditate for 15 minutes twice a day, with focus on your breaths.
  • Getting some physical exercise every day like walking, running or cycling will help to keep your mind fresh. Research has shown that physical activity helps in increasing long-lasting memory.
  • In case you are distracted by any emotions, sad or anxious thoughts, they should be dealt with accordingly.
  • Finally, a joyful mind will always do wonders when clubbed with a healthy lifestyle. Wish you all the best.

For further information consult a psychologist counsellor online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychologist-counsellor

Stress causes stiffness in my neck and back. What can be done about it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a stiffness of neck and pain which continues to the back further. This often happens when a stressful situation arises, which also raises my BP. Worries related to health and other life concerns keep bothering me. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Can stress inhibit brain development in children?

Query: Hi doctor, I read that great stress will cause brain development inhibition in children. Can this be caught up through something? Is this permanent?  Read Full »

Lifestyle Modifications for Women's Health

Article Overview: Learn about simple lifestyle changes and healthy habits that can help a woman stay disease-free and enjoy life to the fullest. Read Article

Dr. Shakti Mishra
Fitness Expert

Women of today find it very difficult to juggle between their personal and professional life, especially if they are mothers. But, having two incomes at home has become a necessity rather than a luxury. Yes, it does feel very good to call oneself a working woman, but the working hours are taking a t...  Read Article

Ask a Psychologist Counsellor Now