Q. I forget things quickly though I study several times. Please suggest to increase my memory power.

Dr. Prakashkumar P.Bhatt

I am 29 years old and six feet tall. My IQ is very good. I can easily understand even difficult concepts of science but tend to forget quickly. My memory has continuously decreased over the last four or five years. I am preparing for a competitive exam. I forget things very quickly. I find it difficult to concentrate while studying. I have to read things several times to remember. It takes a lot of time. It is quite depressing and demoralizing. It has now started affecting my professional life. Please suggest any medicine or other way to improve my memory power.

Dr. Prakashkumar P.Bhatt

General Medicine Internal Medicine Neurology
#

I can understand your problems. Your memory issues are due to lack of concentration and lack of concentration is due to your stressful preparation of competitive exam. I will suggest you to take vitamin B12 injection which will boost your memory. Tell me something about your sleep, food, and stress. Any problems with those?

Do mind relaxation exercise and yog nidra (sleep meditation) which will improve your memory. Take tablet Rejunex CD3 once daily for two months.

| 

My sleep pattern changes continuously due to changing shift duties but I manage 6-7 hours of sleep daily. I only take home-based healthy food. No spicy, fried, or fast food.

Dr. Prakashkumar P.Bhatt

#

That is good. Six to seven hours of sleep is adequate. Do daily 15-30 minutes of exercises. After B12 injection (Inj Optineuron 2 ml intramuscular on buttock on alternate days total 5 injections), then start tablet Rejunex CD3 once daily at night for two months, tablet Escitalopram 5 mg once at night 8 PM can try for 10 days and see for improvement (with this tablet you might get little more sleep).

| 

How to overcome insomnia and memory problems?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past three months I have been suffering from worsening insomnia. I fall asleep with great difficulty. I used to get a light fragmented sleep, where I wake up several times and have many dreams. In fact do not even know if I have fallen asleep or not. I just know that time has pass...  Read Full »

Is there any medicine to improve comprehension and memory power?

Query: Hello doctor, My doubt is about brain power. Do people in engineering and other professions require a lot of brain power use mind altering drugs to enable them to compete better? Are people in these professions just naturally gifted? I am talking about the people who build automobile factories, airc...  Read Full »

How to overcome the unwanted sex I had?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. I am straight but yesterday I had anal sex with my friend. I feel I took wrong decision. It is remembering me a lot. I want to forget that. My mind is not concentrating now. Kindly help.  Read Full »