Q. Please get a solution for my memory problem.

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 29, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 10, 2020

I am suffering from memory problem. I am in 12th grade now. My aim is to get into MBBS. But, I do not remember anything that I learnt in 11th grade. I do not even remember what I studied a week before. Please get me a solution.

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist/ Counsellor
#

• You mentioned that you have memory problem, because you are unable to recall the stuff you learnt a year or week ago.
  • First be clear that it is pretty much normal. You are unable to recall learned material with the same lines and words.
  • However, when we do learn we recommend students to learn by concepts or with effective learning strategies. In your case, you may have to learn effective learning strategies or study skills.
  • Usually counselors do brief assessment before teaching such skills to assure that there is no memory problem. There are techniques available to enhance memory as well.
  • Following suggestions may help you,
  1. Write after learning something.
  2. Revise the material frequently.
  3. Make notes and summary of important points and revise them.
  4. Identify your learning style that is done during assessment.
  • Please consult a psychologist counselor in person to pursue your assessment to know your learning style, study skills according to your learning capacity and style.

For further information consult a psychologist counsellor online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychologist-counsellor

|