Q. Please get a solution for my memory problem.

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 29, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 10, 2020

I am suffering from memory problem. I am in 12th grade now. My aim is to get into MBBS. But, I do not remember anything that I learnt in 11th grade. I do not even remember what I studied a week before. Please get me a solution.

#

• You mentioned that you have memory problem, because you are unable to recall the stuff you learnt a year or week ago.
  • First be clear that it is pretty much normal. You are unable to recall learned material with the same lines and words.
  • However, when we do learn we recommend students to learn by concepts or with effective learning strategies. In your case, you may have to learn effective learning strategies or study skills.
  • Usually counselors do brief assessment before teaching such skills to assure that there is no memory problem. There are techniques available to enhance memory as well.
  • Following suggestions may help you,
  1. Write after learning something.
  2. Revise the material frequently.
  3. Make notes and summary of important points and revise them.
  4. Identify your learning style that is done during assessment.
  • Please consult a psychologist counselor in person to pursue your assessment to know your learning style, study skills according to your learning capacity and style.

For further information consult a psychologist counsellor online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychologist-counsellor

| 

Kindly provide your guidance for fitness.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female working with a private company and staying away from family. I need your guidance and opinion for fitness and nutrition. I have started gaining weight on the belly, thighs and butts. So, I have recently started running, stretching, jogging and a few of abdominal...  Read Full »

Why do some students lack interest in studies?

Query: Hi doctor,First time, when I was in the hostel I acted like fainting. So, they took me to the hospital and after checking BP, the doctor said it was low. The next day, I got very high fever and came home. Then after some days, I went hostel as I had kidney pain. I was brought here and had a scan. Th...  Read Full »

How to judge a person wisely?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old male. I am usually little under-confident in judging someone. Whether known or a stranger, objectively it is really difficult for me.  Please give me some tips regard this. I mean it to be as general as possible.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask a Psychologist Counsellor Now