Q. Why am I not able to memorize despite repeated learning?

Dr. K. V. Anand
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 15, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 19, 2022

I cannot memorize anything despite learning many times or reciting speech. I find it very difficult to study. I become desperate when I cannot memorize anything. Thi has been present for the last five years. Please help. I am currently on Laroxyl to help me sleep.

#

Memory and mind power depends on three aspects: Understanding, retention, and recollection.

Recollection is easy if your retention is proper and flawless.

Retention is possible when you are able understand what you read or learn.

To understand, you should have concentration.

Concentration comes from effective learning techniques based on creative and active learning.

Physical exercise, outdoor games, entertainment, socializing coupled with systematic learning improves your memory and mind power.

Vegetables, fruits and nuts are perfect for memory. Brain games like Sudoku and jigsaw puzzles help too.

Avocados, beetroots, blueberries, broccoli, celery, coconut oil, dark chocolate etc. are good for improving concentration and memory.

I also suggest online education counseling.

|