Q. I have severe headaches, neck pain, and sharp pain around chest. Is it brain meningioma?

Dr. Vasileios Panagiotopoulos

I have severe headaches, neck pain, and sharp pain around the chest. My query is related to brain meningioma and I am on drugs for epilepsy. Please help.

#

The patient has a small frontal base lesion that looks like a benign tumor (meningioma). I would suggest an EEG (electroencephalography) in order to investigate if the epileptic seizures are due to the tumor. In that case, I would suggest tumor removal if epileptic seizures persist. If the epileptic seizures are not related to meningioma. I would suggest only MRI every year. I would also like to send me some images.

I was diagnosed with brain meningitis in December 2018 and at that time it was 11x11x13 mm (AP X TR X cc).

Second MRI in August 2019 it was 16 x 13 x 12 mm (AP X TR X cc).

Third MRI in February 2020 measures 16 x 13 x 18 mm (AP X TR X cc).

Since the beginning I am under medication for epilepsy and pain killer if required. But I am continuously suffering from pain in the back of the neck and headache especially on the top and sides of the head.

From yesterday night, I am having sharp pain on my chest one side at a time. I have attached the reports for your kind reference.

#

Currently, the size of the meningioma is small for surgical removal unless it can be related (by neurologist) to epileptic seizures by EEG. In that case, I would suggest surgical removal.

Concerning the neck pain, this can probably be attributed to cervical spondylosis and needs to be treated by physiotherapy, right neck position, and substantially pain killers.

Migraine is a third separate disease that you have to consult your neurologist in order to administrate the proper medication.

|