Q. How to manage post-menopausal symptoms?

Dr. Rajesh Jain

I am a 45-year-old woman who has had perimenopause for many years. The main symptom is insomnia. My GP agreed to start me on HRT but recommended estrogen-only with Mirena coil. He said this is the safest HRT. But when I read online, it said that this is only recommended for women who have had a hysterectomy?

#

I can understand your concern. Do not worry. Mirena coil (hormonal intrauterine device) is not recommended after menopause, as its main use is to reduce vaginal bleeding. My recommendations are:

1. Continue oral estrogen.

2. Do meditation regularly before sleep.

3. Do yoga and pranayam regularly.

4. Go for walks regularly.

5. Take tablet Macfresh (Etizolam) 0.5 mg once at night for a few weeks to have a sound sleep.

|