Q. How to bring my menstrual cycle back to normal after taking the Unwanted-72 pill?

Dr. Radha P H

I had intercourse with a guy six months ago and took Unwanted-72. From the next month, my periods flow has decreased, and I got many pimples in the jawline and forehead. I was intimate before six days, and I took Unwanted-72. I got my periods four days back, and the flow was normal in the beginning. But now, it has turned into spotting. I want to normalize my cycle.

Kindly help.

#

If you take tablet Unwanted-72 (Levonorgestrel), you will have withdrawal bleeding within a week. So if you take that on and off, your periods will become irregular only. Since it is a hormone, it interferes with the natural cycles. The withdrawal bleeding will be lighter than normal. The pimples are also because of hormonal changes due to Unwanted-72.

Do not worry.

Take care.

|