iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersObstetrics and Gynecologymenstrual irregularityMy 32-year-old wife has irregular periods, some blood reports imbalances, and recently developed patchy skin. Why so?

What could be the reason for irregular periods, imbalance in the blood report, and patchy skin?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At March 18, 2023
Reviewed AtDecember 8, 2023

Patient's Query

My wife is 32 years old and has some imbalance in her blood report, so I need your advice. She has irregular periods, and recently has developed patchy skin.

Kindly help.

Thank you for your query.

I understand your concern. Could you please elaborate on a few points for me?

1. When was her last period, and how frequently does she get her periods?
  2. Are you planning a pregnancy or looking for a treatment to regularize periods?
  3. The blood tests show that she has high cholesterol levels and has a chance of developing diabetes in the future. It can also occur due to PCOD, but I would need to see a recent sonography report to see that. The blood tests also show that she has low thyroid hormone levels. Is she taking any medication for her thyroid?

I hope this has helped you. Thank you.

Patient's Query

Thank you for your reply.

There will be a two months gap between each menstrual cycle. No, we are not planning a pregnancy and looking for treatment only. Last year she did an ultrasound since there was some infection developed. That report is also attached. Please suggest a good treatment.

Thank you for your query.

The patches on her hand look like vitamin B12 deficiency; you can start her on the tablet Neurobion once daily for 30 days. Please consult a dermatologist if it does not improve. For her thyroid, you would need to consult a physician before starting the medicines as it is a medicine that would need to be taken lifelong. As for PCOS and irregular menses, I would like her to start by losing some weight and starting exercises like walking to help her regularize their periods. For periods to start, she can take tablet progestin 10 mg twice daily for five days. Periods will then start in 7 days. After that, she would need to repeat sonography to see if the PCOD has increased.

I hope this has helped you. Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Manwani Saloni Dilip
Dr. Manwani Saloni Dilip

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy