Q. Whenever I take Isotretinoin, I only get periods every two to three months. Why?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

I have been on Isotretinoin for almost six months now. I did not get my period for almost four months, and I have had them for the last 45 days. I had a similar issue last time I was on Isotretinoin, where I had my period every two to three months for almost two weeks at a time. All my blood tests were good, and I do not know if I should be concerned about this.

#

I have gone through your history and understand your concerns. Your menstrual irregularities could be due to hormonal imbalance caused by Isotretinoin. This effect is due to an increase in LH (luteinizing hormone) levels in your body due to the use of Isotretinoin. As it happens every time with the intake of the medicines and resolves on its own, no need to worry about it. You should take a high protein and low-fat diet and eat lots of vegetables and fruits.

I hope you found this answer useful, and feel free to ask for more information. Good luck. Regards.

Thank you for replying. I was getting scared because it has been over a full month of me bleeding. Even though most days were very light, but it was still constant bleeding.

#

Do not be scared. You can take Syrup Charak M2-Tone (Saraca Indica and Symplocos Racemosa) two teaspoons twice daily for one month (with water). It will be helpful in your case. Take care. Regards.

|