Menstrual Pain

Why do I have vaginal pain during periods?

Query: Hi doctor, What could be the reason for vaginal pain during periods? It happens for a few minutes when the periods start and sometimes on and off on the second and third day. It is happening for many years. My periods are regular. My sonography is normal. I experience a lot of vaginal dryness and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aparna M Sathawane

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Childbirth Educator, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your sonography report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is normal although it has a different name over it and not a recent one. Pain during menses is common, and it is called as dysmenorrhea. It is due to uterine contraction to expel blood ou...  Read Full »

Why do I get abdominal pain on the first and ninth day of my period?

Query: Hi doctor, I am getting abdominal pain twice every month. Once during the first day of my period, and then in the middle lower abdomen (where the uterus is) on the 9th day of my period. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Many individuals experience such pain. The period day pain is dysmenorrhoea (pain due to menses). The mid-cycle pain is ovulation pain called as Mittelschmerz in our term, due to the release of the egg. This usually indicates the ovulatory cycle.  Read Full »

Does pain and excess urine pressure indicate urine infection?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 32 years old. The problem from last three days is that my wife feels excess urine pressure and also a heavy pain in her urinal parts constantly.  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be a number of things. Urinary tract infection can present like that hence you need exclude this first. Is there any chance of pregnancy as earliest pregnancy signs can be similar to what she has been feeling. If not pregnant, then perhaps, she is nearing the t...  Read Full »

How to get my acne scars removed?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. My height is 158 cm and my weight is 50 kg. I have severe acne scars on my face, back, lower back and below the neck. I have pimples on my face. I am using Benzoyl peroxide for the same. I have attached my photos here. My problems also include hair fall, thinnin...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Benzoyl peroxide will not work on your acne as you are having grade 4 acne (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You need to start Isotretinoin immediately. Let me know your marital status, because you should not get pregnant while on Isotretinoin and at least...  Read Full »

Kindly help us with an ayurveda remedy for severe menstrual pain.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 24 years old. Six months back, we got married. Over last two months she is suffering with severe menstrual pain. Even painkiller is not giving any relief to her. She is taking Evecare syrup from himalaya over a month. Kindly help her get rid of this pain.  Read Full »

Dr. Sruthi B Ramesh

Ayurveda Specialist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please tell me about her age of menarche, her menstrual cycle and the number of days she bleeds. Is she on any medication? Is this the first episode of heavy bleeding? My advice to your wife is to go in for a pelvic ultrasonography (UGS). She can continue using Evecare. ...  Read Full »

What can be done for heavy menstruation with pain and vomiting?

Query: Hi doctor, Every month, I have a very heavy menstruation, especially on the first day. I cannot move or do anything because of pain. My head, stomach, and lower back ache very badly. I vomit a lot and even when my stomach is empty, I feel like I want to vomit. I tried many painkillers, but they d...  Read Full »

Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Heavy menstrual bleeding could be due to hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism means, your thyroid gland is not producing enough thyroid hormones. Excessive bleeding could also be due to infection in your uterus. Another possible cause is a benign tumor in your uterus. ...  Read Full »

Which medicine works best for severe menstrual pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old female nurse, I have been having severe menstrual pain throughout my life, and sadly each year the pain increases. Since I was a college student, each month for all the four days of my period, I had to stay home lying in the fetal position, had to keep a heating pa...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyoti Gupta

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The diagnosis is indeed endometriosis. And yes, endometriosis causes very painful periods, and the only way to stop this pain is to stop your periods, which can be done through pills, injections or surgery. Surgery is not the answer for you, as you have alread...  Read Full »

Why is there bleeding after five days of taking an i-pill?

Query: Hello doctor, I took an i-pill eight days before my menstrual period was due and after five days of taking it, I started bleeding. The bleeding lasted for three to four days with light spotting towards the end. But, now I have again started to bleed much ahead of my menstrual period. This does not...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana

Family Physician, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Get one gynecologic ultrasound and a routine urine exam done to rule out the cause. Most likely, the symptoms are because of hormonal imbalance because of the i-pill. I suggest you start a combination of the Tranexamic acid with Mefenamic acid 500 mg two ...  Read Full »

I have severe period pain. Is it because of endometriosis? What is the treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend has severe period pains that are certainly endometriosis. Her recent scan showed endometrium was 16 mm thick. She has crippling pains, and she is completely immobile during her period, and sometimes in between. It is getting worse month by month. She is infertile. It is pain...  Read Full »

Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I did go through the ultrasound report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Although it reads normal, endometriosis is a laparosocpic or operative finding. The symptoms she has correlates with the condition. She may be helped with hormonal medicines. H...  Read Full »

My periods are delayed, and I notice spotting for three days now. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old female. I am concerned about my menstrual cycle. About two weeks ago, I noticed spotting in my underwear. It went on for two and a half days. On the first day it was reddish, and on the second day, it seemed a bit brownish. I was supposed to get my periods four days...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? That was an excellent and elaborate history. You will do well in medicine. And, I am happy that I can use medical terms. Let me tell you though that the only significant part of this history was the high-stress levels which you laughed away. About th...  Read Full »