Q. I feel guilty about my over imagination problems. Please help to overcome it.

Dr. Vandana Patidar

I am 24 years old. I have over imagination problems since when I was a child. I imagine that I am a winner and what I want and where I want to go. Still, I am facing these problems in my job, education, and personal relations. I imagine all my favorite, but in realities, it is not, what I am doing. I felt guilty about what I thought. Please help. How could I stop this over imagination problems?

#

The problem of excessive imagination occurs because imagination is one of the defenses used by the brain to overcome day to day stresses. Also, it prepares you for the future and motivates you. But if it is excessive and causing problem, then you may use some behavioral measures to overcome this.

1) Make a schedule.

2) Involve yourself in positive distractions.

3) Tie a rubber band on your wrist and pull it whenever you are going into the imagination too much.

You may seek the help of local psychiatrist if it does not work.

|