Mercury Poisoning

Is there any increased consumption of water in chronic mercury poisoning?

Query: Hi doctor, In the case of chronic mercury poisoning, is there an increased consumption of water? The same question, for chronic fluoride poisoning. Please guide.  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In chronic mercury poisoning, it binds and stops the functions of SH (sulfhydryl-containing enzymes). It also gets deposited and causes cellular toxicity. If the toxic pathology happens in the gastrointestinal tract (GIT), then the patient feels burning inflammatory se...  Read Full »

Is mercury from amalgam fillings poisonous?

Query: Hello doctor, A physician has recommended removal of all amalgam from my mouth because of concerns about mercury poisoning. Using a meter he was able to demonstrate current flows in my mouth which are the equivalent of electrolysis. Have concerns about mercury from amalgam been debunked?  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, amalgam carries mercury which is a key product to make filling for the mouth. Electrolysis happens and mercury is not healthy for oral health and general health too. We use amalgam as it has a good strength and it is one of the oldest material used for filling...  Read Full »

Are silver fillings hazardous to health?

Query: Hi doctor,  I recently had my tooth cavity filled with a silver filling. I read on the internet that silver fillings are toxic to human kind. Please suggest what I can do. Shall I get it removed, and replaced with some other material that is not hazardous?  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dentists have started to avoid using silver fillings. The only hazardous substance in an amalgam (silver) filling is mercury. But that too is not reactive with the human tissue. If you still wish to get it removed, get it replaced by a composite feeling. Take care. For...  Read Full »