Q. Why people drink more water in chronic mercury poisoning?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Published on Jan 12, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 25, 2019

In the case of chronic mercury poisoning, is there an increased consumption of water? The same question, for chronic fluoride poisoning. Please guide.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

In chronic mercury poisoning, it binds and stops the functions of SH (sulfhydryl-containing enzymes). It also gets deposited and causes cellular toxicity.

If the toxic pathology happens in the gastrointestinal tract (GIT), then the patient feels burning inflammatory sensation in the GIT. In order to cool it, he consumes more water.

This concept is mentioned in Indian Traditional Siddha Literature. But, no modern study is available on this concept. It also says that even a person become psychotic.

In chronic fluoride poisoning, there are no such symptoms as the fluoride target calcium sites like teeth and bones. It also has other effects in internal organs.

Many geographical areas are contaminated or rich in mercury and fluoride. The groundwater (or drinking water) is rich in mercury or fluoride. The same water is used for agriculture.

Thus, people tend to consume mercury and fluoride through drinking water and vegetables. Fish (from mercury-contaminated sea) consumption also leads to mercury poisoning on a chronic basis.

My blood report is normal, then why do I feel extremely fatigued?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from low-grade fever, hair loss, and extreme tiredness. There is pain and burning sensation in my stomach along with loss of appetite and weight gain. I got my ANA test done and it came positive. My ESR level has increased. All my other test results found to be negative. Pl...  Read Full >>

Dr. Hariharan V
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient's identity) and observed that there is no autoimmune disease present. Since you have been suffering from multiple joint pains for the past one year, you should have tested for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) ...  Read Full

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now