Metabolism Booster Foods

What is the reason to have a protein shake after doing a workout?

Query: Hi doctor, So often, we do things that we know to be healthy but are not aware of the reason. I am looking at the specific items such as drinking protein shakes after a workout, doing 10 to 12 repetitions in strength training, stretching before a run, avoiding food before a workout and eating the ra...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, very often we follow the necessary safe and healthy things that should be observed in our day-to-day life, but many people are not aware of the reason of these lifestyle changes. They simply know that it is good to follow but are not aware of the reason to follow. Ma...  Read Full »

How to boost metabolism naturally?

Query: Hi doctor, Why is it important to boost metabolism naturally? Are there any foods that can boost metabolism? If so, how often should they be eaten and how should they be prepared? Are there any herbal supplements to boost metabolism? What are some of the common misconceptions of boosting metaboli...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

Will taking Ashwagandha for perimenopause symptoms cause any side-effects?

Query: Hello doctor, I am thinking of using Ashwagandha supplements (400 mg) to help with my perimenopause symptoms. I would like to have an extensive list of side effects if there are any. I have no known illnesses and take no medications apart from Omega 3 twice a day.  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ashwagandha is a very potent ayurvedic medicine. It has very good effect in neurological issues. It helps to improve your immunity and metabolism. It is very helpful in perimenopause symptoms. You can take 3 gm Ashwagandha powder or 500 mg Ashwagandha tablet twice a day...  Read Full »