Q. Should I inform the doctor if I have meth in my system when going for a surgery?

Dr. Manu Kumar

I am a male, 6 feet and 150 lbs. I am not on any medication. I have a surgery in five hours and I have meth in my system taken about five hours earlier. Should I cancel the surgery or go to the surgery and tell the doctor? 

#

• The first thing to do is to share this information with your doctor. He will be a better person to decide whether to postpone the surgery or not. If it is not an emergency or an urgent surgery, I would advise my patients to postpone it till the meth is out of the system.
  • As you have not mentioned the surgery and the diagnosis, I will not be able to guide you whether you need to go ahead with the surgery or not. Sharing it with your doctor is absolutely necessary as he might have to adjust the dosage of the anesthetic as required if he decides to go ahead with the surgery.

For more information consult an anesthesiologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/anesthesiologist

|