Q. Is spotting during ovulation a mandatory sign of pregnancy?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

I am 33 years old and got ovulation spotting on 27th of last month, after this I tried to conceive. My period date is 11th of this month. I faced many leg cramps and abdominal pain in the period, also the period was light as usual and got frequent motion after the period. I am feeling irritated with many smells. On 24th again I got some spotting (ovulation day). I did a pregnancy test but it is negative. I am messed up. Can I be pregnant in this scenario? My doctor prescribed Deviry 10 mg for 10 days. Please suggest me is that medicine is safe if I get pregnant?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It is not always that you will be surely pregnant if you had sex during ovulation. It is also not 100 % that there is bleeding when there is ovulation. Spotting can be due to other reasons and can be the sign of irregular endometrium due to hormonal imbalance. You can get Deviry (Medroxyprogesterone Acetate) and even if you get pregnant mostly no harm.

Consult a nearby gynecologist and do take proper consultation and counseling session about pregnancy and its treatment performa. You may need to do some basic investigation to find out whether there is any problem or not. Whether you are ovulating or not during the mid-cycle and confirming it by ultrasound. You can take a repeat urine pregnancy test after eight more days.

|