Q. What causes mid-cycle bleeding after taking Option 72?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

I had my periods on 2nd of this month that ended on 6th. After having the intercourse on 9th, I ate Option 72 on 10th at 8 AM. But now my periods came on 15th again. I had clot once and bleeding is also not very much. Am I pregnant?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Since you have taken an emergency pill within 72 hours of intercourse, there is no chance of pregnancy. This could be because of hormonal changes due to the pill you have taken. So relax and do not worry. However, if you have a doubt, then get back to me. Take care.

| 

Actually, I have taken the pill three times before also but this had not happened before. Everytime the period is on time only.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

This could be just because of hormonal changes and nothing else. So relax and do not worry. However, if you have a doubt then get a urine pregnancy test done with an early morning urine sample to ensure that you are not pregnant. Do get back to me with reports so that I can guide you further. Take care.

| 

What are the symptoms of early pregnancy? And if somebody is having intercourse and she forgets to eat the medicine but then also periods came, then is she pregnant?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Pregnancy symptoms include nausea, vomiting, giddiness, tiredness. Once you have got your periods, there is no chance of pregnancy.

|