Q. Why am I not bleeding after taking Mifepristone?

I have got my urine pregnancy test positive five days before. My last period was in the mid of last month. I have taken unwanted 72 after 11 days of my periods, but there may be some contraceptive failure. I consulted my medical friend, and she suggested me about medical abortion and prescribed Clear kit. So yesterday morning I have taken Mifepristone and today in the morning I have taken one tablet of Misoprostol as guided by her. But it is around four hours after taking medicine, but still, there is no bleeding. Now even three tablets are remaining. Please help me.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Let me start by giving the right schedule for MTP kit. Mifepristone 200 mg orally single dose, will dislodge an embryo from the uterine lining. This will have some gastric problems but no bleeding. After 48 hours of this oral pill, place all four tabs of Misoprostol 200 mcg each at a time vaginal, after wetting it properly in water. Or you can have all four tablets orally at a time. This will soften the cervix and also make uterus to contract. Now you will have pain and bleeding. Complete expulsion will occur within four to five days of Misoprostol. Now you can keep those remaining three tablets vaginal after two days in the morning time. Do not worry, and it will not fail. I hope I have clarified your query, do write back for your question and feedback.

| 

Light bleeding has started now. As you told me to take three tablets remaining vaginally after two days in the morning, now what should I do?

Should I take remaining three tablets orally tomorrow or vaginally? Please do the needful.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

If bleeding now is very minimal, use tablets vaginally, after wetting the tablets well in water. If you feel bleeding is significant, use it orally. I hope I have clarified your query, do write back if any more questions.

| 

Is Unwanted-72 effective when taken an hour after unprotected sex?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife had Unwanted-72 an hour after unprotected sex. Would it protect her from an unwanted pregnancy?  Read Full »

Is medical abortion advisable after C-section?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife missed her periods and we doubt she is pregnant. Our first kid is just 1 year old now and it was a Cesarean. We are not in a position to have a second child now. Her LMP was 22nd of last month. I read that Mifepristone can induce abortion. Is it a safe drug? Do we have to consult ...  Read Full »

Will Mifepristone and Misoprostol be effective if taken after 49 days of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My fiancee is 59 days pregnant. So we consulted a doctor for an abortion and she prescribed Mifepristone and Misoprostol for the abortion. But the doctor had told this method should be used before 49 days. So if these tablets are taken on the 59th day, how much effective it would be?  Read Full »

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now