Migraine Headaches

Kindly suggest a treatment for the stomach pain presenting with migraine headache.

Query: Hi doctor,I have a migraine headache and my stomach is hurting a lot since yesterday. It throws me up.  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, migrainous headache is associated with aura. It can cause nausea and vomiting. So you can take tablet Vasograin twice a day for five days. Avoid taking it if you are pregnant or a breastfeeding mother. You can take tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg before breakfast for fiv...  Read Full »

What is the dosage of Naxdom 500 for a pregnant woman?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. I have been suffering from a migraine for over five to six years or more. I have been sensitive to light since childhood. I used to take Migranil initially. Around two years ago, I met a neurologist and he advised me Amitone at night and Naxdom 500 in case of emerge...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are classically suggestive of a migraine only. Now, migraine can be well controlled with medicines and lifestyle changes. My choice remains Amitone (Amitryptiline) along with Flunarizine. Side effect profile of Amitone contains mostly sedation and weight g...  Read Full »

From the available brain MRI, can you give an opinion about my headache?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 33 years old, female. I suffer from tachycardia (heart checked, everything is normal) and anxiety and depression, and dizziness only when I am walking. I am not having dizziness when I am lying, and I am a smoker too. I have a headache often but I cannot recognize if it is a migrain...  Read Full »

Dr. Gerry Mike Palisoc

Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The tachycardia you are experiencing if the usual cardiac exam and diagnostics were already been done and showed normal result may have been coming from anxiety. This should be well tolerated and cannot produce you any harm. The dizziness and headaches should coincid...  Read Full »

Why am I having pressure in head with pain, dizziness and weakness in legs?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 51-year-old female. My symptoms are triggered by any physical exertion even just walking to the bathroom. I have pain and pressure in the head, weakness in the legs, dizziness, and pain in the center of the chest. It lasts for thirty minutes to three hours. I have done an MRI of th...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some further details about your symptoms. Please mention about the duration of headache, kind of headache whether it is heavy or stretching or squeezing or throbbing, part of the head where you feel headache, do you have nausea or vomiting during he...  Read Full »

How can I prevent migraine headache?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from migraine from my school time. Just before 2 years a neurologist suggested me Naproxen 500, which I am taking when I am getting an attack. But in the summer I am getting the attack twice a day and this is only the cure. But the headache is killing me. Please someone...  Read Full »

Dr. Lohit Chauhan

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. While for acute attacks Naproxen + Domperidone is fine, but to prevent the attacks from happening you should take migraine prophylaxis. You could try a beta-blocker (Metoprolol, Propranolol) extended-release tablets or use SSRI's (Amitryptiline, etc.). Also, Triptans...  Read Full »

Why am I getting migraine headaches almost every day for a month?

Query: Hi doctor,I suffer from migraines for the past four years. I have throbbing pain on one corner of the head and the next day, it shifts to the other side. This cycle continues and the frequency is around two headaches in a week. If I take pain killer within the first half an hour of pain, it gives me...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In migraine, it is necessary to find the triggering factors first. In some cases, there is a presence of an associated aura. Sometimes there is a ringing sensation in the ears or blurring of vision. It is usually consistent on one side. There is irritability when there ...  Read Full »

What causes headaches, left eye strain, green stools, and trouble sleeping?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23-year-old male with a weight of 70 kilograms and a height of five feet seven inches. I have weird symptoms nowadays. I have occasional headaches for the past two weeks. I also have pain in my left eyes. I usually do dancing and exercise every day. But today, I just went for a jo...  Read Full »

Dr. Manisha

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned your routine activities and work hours. It seems that you have migraine headaches. The most common causes are stress and lack of sleep. Both these factors are present in your case. First of all, try to monitor your sleep pattern and any added stress w...  Read Full »

Why am I getting headaches almost every day with dizziness and blurred vision?

Query: Hi doctor,My headache is becoming frequent every day. Recently, I had dizziness, lightheadedness, and blurred vision randomly. Sometimes, I have a loss of mobility in my left hand and it cannot close them properly. But it usually goes away within a few minutes. These symptoms become worse before get...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanya Dhingra

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Tension headache is the most common headache. At this age, you have a lot of stress and sometimes it becomes difficult to handle it. I recommend you try to avoid stress. If you cannot tolerate sound or bear light, then you can have a sudden he...  Read Full »

How to handle severe headache presenting for 35 minutes everyday?

Query: Hi,I started to have episodes of severe headache before few days. I have it for about thirty-five minutes at maximum. I am fine for a minute and the next minute, something breaks the front of the head. I feel very dizzy and my sight disappears slightly like everything goes black. I am unable to talk...  Read Full »

Dr. Nasir

Pain Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A migraine headache can be very severe and it interferes with day-to-day life causing lots of pain. Since you are going through this problem at a high frequency, I would suggest you start a prophylactic medication for the headache. This medication will help to reduce the ...  Read Full »

I have pain on one side of my head with soreness. Is it migraine headache?

Query: Soreness and pain on side of my head with eye pain pressure and ear pain.  Read Full »

Dr. Gursimran

Answer: Hello Sorry to know regarding your symptoms . 1) Soreness and pain on one side of head at a young age is mostly a migraine headache. 2) Sometimes migraine headache is just a heaviness of the head, throbbing headache at the top of the head which increases in 4 to 6 hours and reaches at its peak . ...  Read Full »