Migraine Headaches

How to treat dizziness and headache in older adults?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is very ill for three days. She has headache which hurts her very badly. She also has dizziness. Kindly give me a good solution for this problem. Thank you.   Read Full »

Dr. Rupali Satija

Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq. I am sorry to hear about the condition of your mother. The problem of headache can occur due to many reasons. It is necessary to check her blood pressure and her eyesight first. If any of the one is abnormal, it is good to treat them accordingly. If there is a history of mi...  Read Full »

When should I have Panadol for migraine headache, before or after food?

Query: Hello doctor, How do I treat a migraine headache? If I take Panadol, but when should I take them? Before lunch or after lunch?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Panadol (Paracetamol) has to be taken whenever you get headaches, not daily. Preferably, it should be taken after some food. If your symptoms are troublesome and frequent, say more than twice a week, then you should take regular medication for it. Regular medication ...  Read Full »

Why am I getting migraine headaches almost every day for a month?

Query: I am suffering from migraine for the last 4 years. There is a throbbing pain on one corner of the head and generally the next day it almost definitely shifts to the other corner. This cycle continues. So, the frequency is around 2 headaches per week earlier. If pain killer medicines are taken within...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! Thanks for briefing regarding the problem in concern. In a typical case of migraine, if it is one, the triggering cause of the migraine has to be ascertained first. In most cases migraine can be made as a diagnosis when 1. There is a triggering factor to it. 2. There is an associated aura ( feel...  Read Full »

Why am I getting headaches almost every day with dizziness and blurred vision?

Query: Headaches becoming more frequent almost everyday, recently started becoming dizzy, light headed, shaky with blurred vision not all the time comes randomly. Sometimes lose slight mobility in my left hand can’t close it properly usually goes away within a few minutes. Symptoms seem to be worse a...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanya Dhingra

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello. Greetings from icliniq. I understand your concern . Tension headache is the most common headache that occurs . At your age , i understand that there are multiple stresses , and it sometimes becomes difficult to deal with them . But my advice to you would be to avoid any stress . Apart from t...  Read Full »

What causes headaches, left eye strain, green stools, and trouble sleeping?

Query: Good day Doc! I've been having weird symptoms lately and I'm not sure what to do. I noticed that i've been having occasional headaches (mainly on the left side of my head, right on the top and sometimes on my forehead) in the last two weeks, my left eye has also felt pain along with it, but sometim...  Read Full »

Dr. Manisha

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi , Welcome to icliniq. The way you have described your routine activities and work hours, it seems that you have been having Migraine headaches. The most common causes for the onset of these headaches are stress and lack of adequate sleep and both these factors are present in your case. For this ...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for my headache with sensitive scalp, vision problem, and nausea?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 39-year-old female. For the past two-three weeks, I have a slight headache in the back of the head with a sensitive scalp, tiredness, tired vision, sometimes with nausea, and lower backache. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. See, your problems could be due to diseases of the brain, or infections, or eye problems. Do you have any fever? Fever points towards infection. Have you got your blood pressure checked? If yes, how much is it? Get your eye tested. Also, test for CBC (complete blo...  Read Full »

MRI report for migraine says minimal microvascular changes. What does it mean?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 52 years old and had an MRI for worsening migraines for the last six months. I have had migraines for 31 years. The finding was a few foci of T2 and 3 mm T2 prolongation within the left frontal subcortical white matter. No associated restricted diffusion or abnormal enhancement. ...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. See, your MRI report is normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and has nothing to get worried. I would like to know a few things: Explain your headache. It is onset, severity, site. Any associated vomitings? Its frequency? How does your migraine imp...  Read Full »

Why do certain food items trigger acid reflux and headaches?

Query: i am not able to eat chocolate,tea,coffee sour items,citrus fruits,sweet items.i am getting the migraine on top of the head . is it any a id reflux on head.gerenally acid reflux comes in stomatch.i am getting pain on top of the head after eating the above foods.is required any tablet for solve the p...  Read Full »

Dr. Nitin Dongre

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Dear sir A very good morning welcome to icliniq portal Dear sir the food which trigger your headache is know to cause Migraine and it should not be taken , Migraine is type of headache which also causes Vomiting to the patients , but that doesn't meen you never be able to eat it so you should take ...  Read Full »

Why is my migraine pain not getting better with Paracetamol?

Query: I have a terrible migraine now and I have already taken a paracetamol but it hasn't subsided even after 2 hours. I work from home and is in front of the computer 9hours a day, 7 days of the week. I had to log out from my shift today as I am in terrible pain. Sensitive to light and noise. Iwould sudd...  Read Full »

Dr. J N Naidu

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi Just now I saw your request.  Read Full »

Please interpret my MRI brain for abnormalities due to migraine.

Query: Hello doctor, The internal carotid and basilar arteries demonstrate flow voids, implying gross patency. Can you please explain this finding from an MRI done on my brain? MRI brain without contrast study result impressions: No intracranial abnormality. Sinusitis narrative provided reason for e...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Shah Alam

General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After carefully reading your provided report of MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) detailed explanation is provided below. You have no abnormalities present in the brain parenchyma or brain vessels which could explain your long term migraine. However, your sinuses (sinus...  Read Full »