Q. I have a terrible migraine now, which did not subside after taking Paracetamol. Please help.

Dr. J N Naidu
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 12, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 06, 2021

I have a terrible migraine now and I have taken Paracetamol. But it has not subsided even after the tablet before two hours. I am working from home and I sit in front of the computer for nine hours a day for seven days. I need to log out from my shift today as I have terrible pain. I am very sensitive to light and noise. Suddenly I had a blackout with crowning pain in my head and an irritating flat line sound. This happened to my husband last time and I took him to the hospital. They gave him Dextrose. But I am not willing to go to the hospital due to Pandemic. Please help.

#

I have gone through the query.

You have a migraine.

You do not need investigations now.

You have a migraine or a cluster headache.

You have a migraine.

You can take tablet Sumatriptan 50 mg four tablets. Take a tablet now and if the pain persists, then you can take another one. Do not take more than two tablets in 24 hours. Do not use any other tablets along with Sumatriptan. It can cause serious and life-threatening reactions when it is taken with other drugs.

Have a regular sleeping pattern. Drink two liters of water every day to avoid having dehydration. Avoid having big sounds and flashlights moving around you. Have a gazing at the greenery for ten minutes after every two hours of work. Avoid having spicy foods as they can precipitate migraines. Take a note of your triggering agents that precipitate the migraine attacks and try to avoid them.

This is a not life-threatening condition and lead a stress-free life.

|