Q. I have a terrible migraine now, which did not subside after taking Paracetamol. Please help.

Dr. J N Naidu

I have a terrible migraine now and I have already taken a paracetamol but it hasn't subsided even after 2 hours. I work from home and is in front of the computer 9hours a day, 7 days of the week. I had to log out from my shift today as I am in terrible pain. Sensitive to light and noise. Iwould suddenly black out with combined with a crowning pain in my head and an irritating flat line sound. Last time this happened my hubby took me to the hospital and they put a dextrose to help me. But I dont want to go to a hospital now due to covid. Please help. Thank you.

What ingredients or products can trigger migraines?

Query: Hello doctor, What ingredients or products can trigger migraines, and why this is the case? Some common foods or ingredients I have heard of are alcohol, aged cheese, chocolate, nitrates, MSG, and artificial sweeteners. Is there any truth to these? Are there any substances in common household produ...  Read Full »

My migraine has been getting worse of late. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old female. I have always suffered from migraines. Recently, it seems like it has been getting worse. Last year, I gave birth to my son vaginally. Now, when I lay on my abdomen or even turn my head, I notice a heartbeat sound in my ear. My nurse practitioner thought it ...  Read Full »

Why do I have a sharp pain on right side of the head?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male. I started having intense, sharp, constant pain behind my right eye, right temple area and backside of the right side of my head. It started before three months for once a week for the first three weeks. Then, I started having the sharp pain the every other day. An...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now