Q. I have headache with sensitive scalp, vision problem and nausea. Kindly help.

Dr. Divakara P

I am a 39-year-old female. For the past two-three weeks, I have a slight headache in the back of the head with a sensitive scalp, tiredness, tired vision, sometimes with nausea, and lower backache. Please help.

#

See, your problems could be due to diseases of the brain, or infections, or eye problems. Do you have any fever? Fever points towards infection. Have you got your blood pressure checked? If yes, how much is it?

Get your eye tested. Also, test for CBC (complete blood count), TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), and fasting blood sugar. Until then, you can take tablet Aceclofenac two times a day, and syrup Zincovit 10 ml 2 times a day.

No fever. My blood pressure is 120/80. Fasting blood sugar is normal. The only thing that was on my blood test was low iron, but hemoglobin is 14. The feeling of the balloons in the back of my head is what bothers me.

#

Good that your BP and blood tests are normal. Low iron levels has nothing to do with your symptoms. So this narrows down the diagnosis to brain or eye problems. You did not mentioned about your eye status, whether examined or not? If your eye testing is normal, then we have to focus on your brain or sometimes nerve compression at the level of neck.

Among brain diseases migraine is one of the disease that can cause this problem. Most of the time migraine is associated with headache but sometimes in its atypical presentation there might be no headache.

My advise is start taking tablet Sodium Valproate 250 mg twice daily for two weeks and observe the change. If no improvement kindly revert back. You may require further tests and scan to evaluate for seizure disorders and cervical radiculopathies or myelopathies.

I have not checked my eyes yet, but I still feel the pressure in my head that does not restrain me from my daily activities, but it does bother me. It is better during the day and worse at night. Some nights I woke me up but not every night. I have suffered from migraines for years now, and the last episode lasted two days right after my head pressure started.

#

With the information given by you, the possibility of migraine is more likely. But I still want you to get your eye tested. Also, you need to have a proper sleep. Else you will keep getting migraine. I advise you to start taking tablet Sodium Valproate 250 mg twice daily for two weeks and observe the change.

If any migraine headache occurs, take tablet Vasograine one tablet immediately when you feel a migraine is going to start. You can repeat one more tablet if no relief after 30 minutes of taking the first tablet.

|