Q. Kindly recommend any exercise for my straight neck and migraine headaches.

Dr. Anuj Gupta

I am currently having problems with straight neck and migraine headaches. I am spending around half the day in bed and having a good sleep in the evening. My problem is getting worse, so my X-rays show no deterioration since other times. Can you recommend any exercise or physical therapy that I can take? I will include some photographs of my neck that may help.

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopedics And Traumatology
#

Could you please tell me what you do and how much physical exercise you have in your daily routine?

| 

I work in the marketing department using computer time minimally due to the straight neck. I get between 5500-12,000 steps a day, and I work out an average about three times in a gym per week.

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopedics And Traumatology
#

The first thing is your posture, is the computer at your workplace is at eye level? Or most of the time, you are bending forward and working on it? And as far as walking is concerned, how much do you walk at one stretch? I am not concerned about the whole day. I want to know how much you walk at a stretch daily?

| 

Yes, I have a monitor. At eye level, but I frequently work from home and sometimes using a laptop, and I will also start using a monitor from home to keep eye level. I frequently lay on couch or bed and using phones for usually one hour a day. This is not because I am lazy, but because the neck pain is less when I am lying down. Each stretch of walking is generally for 15 or 20 minutes at a brisk pace.

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopedics And Traumatology
#

Well, you know where the problem is. You have to take care of your posture, even working at home, sit on table and chair. Maintain proper position while working, also if you are watching TV or mobile, do not slouch. Increase your walk to four kilometers at a stretch daily.

| 

I have a heavy neck and lifting head when lying is difficult. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old male. I have a very heavy neck from the last seven months. When lying in the supine position, lifting the head up is very difficult (as if something is pulling from behind). While standing and looking up at the ceiling, I get a cracking sound which is quite loud and...  Read Full »

Could a lightened area in a brain MRI be an infection or a tumor?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an MRI performed on my brain due to my visual perception being off and not seeing and understanding my location correctly while driving.I did hit someone and almost got into a larger accident. The right side of my head feels like there is a cyst or something there. My skull on t...  Read Full »

I had a swollen lymph node in my neck. Could it be painful because chiropractor adjusted my neck?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to the chiropractor and got my neck adjusted. I had sore on my neck more in the back left corner then the pain passed down to my left arm. After checking, they said it was a flare-up and to ice it. The next day I had it adjusted again, and he pointed out that I had a swollen ly...  Read Full »

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now