Migraine Predisposed By Light

Sunlight, glare, and fluorescent lighting can trigger or worsen a migraine attack. It is a type of sensory stimuli.

I get headaches only when I am watching TV or computer. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, For a while I have been extremely sensitive to light and sun. Whenever I am in bright light or sunlight, I get headaches or a migraine. Two weeks ago, I developed migraine. Ever since then I have not been able to get on the computer to work as I get pressure in my head and headache. I am ...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question with care and understand your concerns. You are suffering from what is called as migraine predisposed by light. This is a condition in which, nociceptive signals transmitted from the cranial dura mater to the brain are uniquely exacerbated by exp...  Read Full »

My wife has been suffering from migraine and gastric irritation. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is suffering from a migraine. I have consulted a neurosurgeon. He has given tablets Sibelium 10 mg, Topirol 25 mg, and Serenance. But, she is unable to take food. While drinking water also she is feeling gastric irritation. She is taking Omez D and Zofran syrup before meals for ...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.We are here to help you.Her stomach irritation seems to be because of the migraine only. Let me brief you about the migraine and its treatment.If you are suffering from migraine headaches, then you should be started on medicines for the prophylaxis of the migraine.You h...  Read Full »

What causes cluster headache, eye pain & allergy to light?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having burning eye pain with a cluster headache which usually increases in the afternoon and keep increasing until bedtime. Tightly tying a cloth around my head and eyes covered gives relief. There is a severe allergy to light. Darkness is preferred during the attack. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are most likely suffering from a migraine headache. Eye pain is part of the migraine complex. If you have these episodes you are advised a detailed consultation online or offline with a neurologist. Some initial steps that may help are: Follow a strict schedu...  Read Full »

I get headaches when I go out in the sun. Please suggest some ayurvedic cure.

Query: Hello doctor, I get headaches, especially when I wash my hair or when I go out in the sun. The climate is really hot here, and I stay indoors. But, I still get headaches, and my nose also pains a bit. I cannot stop washing my hair because of this. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you have mentioned here are indicating towards a migraine headache. However, no diagnostic test can surely rule out a migraine. Its diagnosis is mainly based on the symptoms. In a migraine, there is no definite pain, and pain occurs at any time. Some peop...  Read Full »

I am experiencing headaches due to light sensitivity. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old female. For the past three months, I have been experiencing daily headaches, intermittent dizziness and vertigo, tinnitus and light sensitivity. I have received a diagnosis of a vestibular migraine and my neurologist reports down beating nystagmus while using Frenzel go...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Your symptoms are suggestive of a migraine only. The new symptom that you have noticed also is in favor of a migraine headache. In such case, I would recommend you not to worry as all your investigations are within normal limits. Migraine headac...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest ways to overcome migraine.

Query: Hi doctor, My company is putting down new carpeting. When I have been in the part of the building that has this new carpet, I get headaches, nausea, lack of concentration, tingling sensation in my fingertips and clammy hands. I have been diagnosed with migraines and some visual stimulus. Mainly flas...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I clearly understand your symptoms. The basic reason behind the whole issue is the autonomic imbalance which your nervous system shows to specific sensory inputs. Let me simplify that thing for you. All the senses give input to our brain like smell, vision, taste, h...  Read Full »