Q. I have a right sided headache and pain in my right eye. Will I go blind soon?

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 07, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 19, 2021

I am a 34 year old male. I often have a right sided headache, and a pressure sensation. I feel like there is some movement on the right side of my head. I went to my physician and he ordered a CAT scan and blood tests. All the reports were normal, but the CAT scan said that I have a sinus infection. My blood work was great too. I feel a heart beat sensation in my head. I would describe my right side head ache as how it would be if my head hit a wall.

Also, I feel some pressure, itching, and pain in my right eye. My vision is good. I got redness in my right eyes and I was referred to an eye specialist. She did a detailed examination and vision tests. My vision was said to be perfect. It was 20 in both the eyes. But, she said that I had a higher pressure in the right eye, that is 22. In the subsequent visit, it was 24. My left eye pressure was 14 or 18. But, she said it was not glaucoma. She prescribed some drops for allergy and antibiotics for an infection. Now, I am worried about my right eye pressure. Do I have glaucoma? Will I go blind soon?

#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

• Firstly, you do not have glaucoma. This is called diurnal variation. Glaucoma is a blinding condition if left untreated. But, not all patients go blind, It is well controlled by medical treatment. A headache could be because of vision errors. If you have a refractive error but, do not wear corrective lenses this could happen.
  • But, from your description, it appears to be a migraine. The normal pressure of eyes varies between 10 to 21. So, please do not worry about it. Try to observe at what time you usually get a headache. And, if there are any factors that trigger it. How is your sleep pattern?

Revert with more information to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|