Mild Fatty Liver

What does grade-1 fatty liver mean?

Query: Hello doctor, All my reports are normal except one. They told me that I have a grade-1 fatty liver. What does this mean?  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The liver functions as a filtering system of the intestines. The blood that leaves the stomach first needs to pass through the liver before it exits from the intestines. The liver also secretes bile, a fluid that is required to break down fats during the diges...  Read Full »

I want to know whether my liver is in bad condition.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old male. My body weight is 64.5 kg and height is 5'3". My USG report shows that the liver is mildly enlarged in size (liver span is 123 mm), but has normal shape and outline. There is a mild diffuse homogenous increase of hepatic parenchymal echogenicity suggesting mild f...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The liver is a workhouse for metabolism of protein and fat (lipids). When there is an excess of lipid in your blood than the capacity to metabolize by the liver, the excessive lipids start to accumulate in hepatic cells known as fatty liver. This is an ongoing process, if...  Read Full »

What are the tests to undertake in case of mild fatty liver?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is under Ayurveda medicine for a hip labrum tear. She had an ultrasound done as a part of some checkup. The finding is mild fatty liver. I am planning for additional blood tests. Could you please recommend the needed tests. She is nonalcoholic. Also, let me know if this is som...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. A mild fatty liver is a common finding and generally does not warrant any further investigations because it will improve with a high-fiber diet, fresh fruits and regular exercise such as brisk walking for 40 minutes five days a week. If you wa...  Read Full »

Is BUN to creatinine ratio normal in my reports?

Query: Hello doctor, Can you please have a look at my reports. Is my BUN to creatinine ratio normal? I am diabetic and I have been taking Glykind-M, half a tablet every day.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). BUN-creatinine ratio is fine. It is not significant here. It is important only if individual values are abnormal. So nothing to worry about it. Other abnormalities are noticed, like dera...  Read Full »

My 13 year old has grade-1 fatty liver. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 13 years old. He has grade-1 fatty liver. SGPT 149 and SGOT 70. His cholesterol is also high at 230 and triglyceride is 200. LDL 140. Blood pressure around 150/87 but varies a lot and comes down to 125/80. Pulse is always above 90. His height is good around 5 feet 7 inches a...  Read Full »

Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All of these symptoms are suggesting metabolic-X syndrome. In the long run, if not controlled then there is a high risk of developing complications, like diabetes and heart problems. The best suggestion I can give is to see a good endocrinologist and follow up with him,...  Read Full »

Should I take Udiliv for grade one fatty liver as advised by my doctor?

Query: Hello doctor, My homocysteine level is 54, BP 80/135, LDL 144, HDL 46, GGT 55, SGOT 37, average three months blood sugar 105 and other findings normal, ECG normal. USG finding normal except grade one fatty liver. So, the doctor has given Udiliv 300 two times daily and cholesterol medicine 10 mg dai...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your homocysteine is elevated. So is your MCV which suggests the possibility of vitamin B12 and folic acid deficiency. So, you need to get these tested and treating the deficient one will cure your homocysteine levels and risk of heart disease. Next, you may try hav...  Read Full »

My daughter's recent ultrasound reports are causing me to worry. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter, 26 years old, has had abdominal pain and is prone to constipation for several years. She recently had an ultrasound which showed hyperechoic results in her liver, possibly due to a hepatitis process. She never drinks alcohol, does not eat gluten, wheat or sugar. Of cou...  Read Full »

Dr. Smrita Singh

Pathologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A hyperechoic lesion in the liver can be due to many causes, both benign and malignant. The most common cause is a hepatic hemangioma, a benign lesion which is present in about 4 % of the population. Other causes could be hepatic adenoma (seen in some women on oral con...  Read Full »

Does taking pain killers alter the liver function test results?

Query: Hello doctor, These are the reports of my kidney function test and liver function test. I was on antibiotic Amoxicillin and Ibugesic plus when having this test. Is this report really abnormal? Is there something seriously wrong with these reports? I am worried.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) do not have anything to panic about. You have a slight liver dysfunction that could be due to your coexisting viral infection. Your uric acid is high and calcium is low. But your kidney functions are normal...  Read Full »

Can you interpret my blood report and advise me further?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 35 years old male. My BP is 130/85. I am taking Calaptin SR 120 mg twice a day for idiopathic RVOT NSVT which has been controlled by RF ablation procedure and under this continuous medication to control further ectopic beats. Under the continuous care of my cardiologist, this si...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post and the investigations you have posted. You have deranged fasting blood glucose which is 102 mg/dl which is in the pre-diabetic range. Your vitamin D level is very low. You will need a replacement. I suggest you start capsule Lumia 60K weekl...  Read Full »

I need an evaluation of my annual health check up. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, As part of a corporate health check up, I had undergone liver function test, USG abdomen with pelvis and lipid profile. The impression in the USG was mild hepatomegaly with grade-II fatty changes. I have attached the reports. In LFT the total bilirubin was 1.41, direct bilirubin 0.43,...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Khurana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) show that you have fatty liver with deranged LFT (liver function test). Do u drink alcohol? What is ur body weight and height? You need the following tests to be done: HBsAg Anti-HCV You can discuss with yo...  Read Full »