Q. I have slight pain on the right side of my lower belly. Is it due to acidity or fatty liver?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I am a 40-year-old male who is 5.7 feet tall and weighs 78 kg. This week I have done my routine blood test were in a few places; there were ups and downs. I have attached my laboratory reports. Currently, I am taking Apxenta 10 for mild psoriasis once a day for the past seven months. I was also facing a bit of short breathlessness with acidity, but it reduced as I am taking diet at the proper time. Kindly advise any medicine, supplements, or tests. Thanks.

#

There are mild derangements in your reports. The vitamin B1 and vitamin D are low, mild derangements in lipid profile. There is slightly more ALT (Alanine Aminotransferase), which is probably related to the fatty liver due to being overweight.

So it would help if you had vitamin D supplements like tablet Uprise (Vitamin D3) D3 or Calcirol (Calcitriol) sachet 60,000 units once a week for eight weeks and then once a month for the next six months, with milk in the morning after breakfast.

For vitamin B12, have tablet ME 12 OD (Folic acid, Mecobalamin, and Pyridoxine), once daily for weeks in the morning.

It would be best to have a healthy lifestyle for remaining minor derangements like avoiding fatty oily and high-calorie food. Avoid oily foods as much as possible, have light dinner. Have regular exercises like brisk walking or running according to capacity for at least 30 minutes a day. Also, avoid spicy food and have some walk after meals rather than resting immediately.

I hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

Thank you, doctor, for your reply.

I will follow your instructions. I forgot to mention that I do have slight pain in my right side of my lower belly. Is it due to acidity or fatty liver? They need any medication, or just diet and exercise will take care.

Kindly advice.

#

I guess you do not have any constipation or diarrhea like symptoms. It is usually related to gastric disturbances only. It settles on its own, but if it worsens or persists, you will need examination by a local doctor with ultrasound to look for the cause. It would be best if you continued to have antacids like Pantoprazole or Rabeprazole for your acidity for a week or two.

All the best.

|