Q. I have slight pain on the right side of my lower belly. Is it due to acidity or fatty liver?

Answered by
Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 22, 2020

Hello doctor,

I am a 40-year-old male who is 5.7 feet tall and weighs 78 kg. This week I have done my routine blood test were in a few places; there were ups and downs. I have attached my laboratory reports. Currently, I am taking Apxenta 10 for mild psoriasis once a day for the past seven months. I was also facing a bit of short breathlessness with acidity, but it reduced as I am taking diet at the proper time. Kindly advise any medicine, supplements, or tests. Thanks.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

There are mild derangements in your reports. The vitamin B1 and vitamin D are low, mild derangements in lipid profile. There is slightly more ALT (Alanine Aminotransferase), which is probably related to the fatty liver due to being overweight.

So it would help if you had vitamin D supplements like tablet Uprise (Vitamin D3) D3 or Calcirol (Calcitriol) sachet 60,000 units once a week for eight weeks and then once a month for the next six months, with milk in the morning after breakfast.

For vitamin B12, have tablet ME 12 OD (Folic acid, Mecobalamin, and Pyridoxine), once daily for weeks in the morning.

It would be best to have a healthy lifestyle for remaining minor derangements like avoiding fatty oily and high-calorie food. Avoid oily foods as much as possible, have light dinner. Have regular exercises like brisk walking or running according to capacity for at least 30 minutes a day. Also, avoid spicy food and have some walk after meals rather than resting immediately.

I hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

Thank you, doctor, for your reply.

I will follow your instructions. I forgot to mention that I do have slight pain in my right side of my lower belly. Is it due to acidity or fatty liver? They need any medication, or just diet and exercise will take care.

Kindly advice.



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

I guess you do not have any constipation or diarrhea like symptoms. It is usually related to gastric disturbances only. It settles on its own, but if it worsens or persists, you will need examination by a local doctor with ultrasound to look for the cause. It would be best if you continued to have antacids like Pantoprazole or Rabeprazole for your acidity for a week or two.

All the best.

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

How to treat breathlessness in a metastatic breast cancer patient?

Query: Hi doctor, The patient is oxygen dependent because of pleurodesis since 1 month. She is suffering from breathlessness after talc pleurodesis. She has metastatic breast cancer with distant spread to the lung and liver. There is residual pleural effusion along with bilateral lower lobe consolidation. ...  Read Full »

Why does my breathlessness get worse when cocaine wears off?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been taking cocaine once a week for 20 years and on the 1st of last month, I started getting a cough and breathless. It was getting worse when the cocaine wore off. Anyway, I had an ECG which was clear and a 24-hour tape also clear. CT scan on lungs clear. Then I had an ultraso...  Read Full »

I have redness and itchiness in toes. Is it psoriasis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have some infection like redness and itching in toes. I am afraid, is it an infection or psoriasis? It is there since last 4 months and progressing slowly slowly. On cosultation with doctor, I took Itraconazole 100 mg BID, Montelukast with Desloratidine OD and used Amorolfine ointm...  Read Full »

Also Read

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Cardiologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.