Q. My 5-year-old brother had trauma, and two of his teeth got displaced. Should they be removed?

Dr. Ummah Mohammad
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

My 5-year-old brother recently fell down, and two of his teeth got displaced. They are slightly moving when touched. They are milk teeth but still, can you please tell us we should get them removed, or would they come back to their place? Cipladine is applied to the patched lip, and we applied some ice pack to the teeth. Kindly give your opinion.

#

First of all, do not touch or do not let the kid touch his teeth again and again. The child should take in plenty of water and, if permissible, give cold fruit juices as well. Secondly, if the movement is really slight, it should be fine on its own with time. Just take care that it is not touched or hit again and again. But if more movement is there, then I suggest you must see a dentist soon. He will put something like splinting or cement there to fix it. Even if you leave it as it is and let it come out on its own, or you go for its extraction, your dentist will fix a space-maintaining appliance there which will retain the space till permanent teeth appear. I hope this was helpful. Please get back if you have more queries.

|